PDA

View Full Version : Connecting new AppleTV to netflix account

gentleman00
Sep 30, 2010, 02:29 PM
I am having trouble connecting my new appleTv to netflix. Has anyone done this successfully???

Could you please post the necessary steps??

Also,
How do I display my iphotos on my hdtv???

Thanks.

dagomike
Sep 30, 2010, 02:38 PM
it was easy. I just went into the Netflix player and put in my Netflix account login.

bamf
Sep 30, 2010, 02:39 PM
I put in my username and password for Netflix, and it came right up. Watched a movie last night as well with no issues.

Where are you running into a problem with this? Are you sure you have the username and password entered correctly?

gentleman00
Sep 30, 2010, 02:41 PM
I put in my username and password for Netflix, and it came right up. Watched a movie last night as well with no issues.

Where are you running into a problem with this? Are you sure you have the username and password entered correctly?

Thats what it seems like. Should I see an activation code on my screen like Roku?? Or is it automatic??

Mr Kram
Sep 30, 2010, 02:43 PM
do you have a current netflix account that allows streaming?

gentleman00
Sep 30, 2010, 02:43 PM

My user name is my email address for netlfix, correct?

gentleman00
Sep 30, 2010, 02:44 PM
do you have a current netflix account that allows streaming?

Yes, I used it with Roku successfully. But using Roku, you had to get an activation code via netflix.

Mr Kram
Sep 30, 2010, 02:44 PM
My user name is my email address for netlfix, correct?

yes, your username is your email address that you use to access netflix.

Mr Kram
Sep 30, 2010, 02:45 PM
you shouldn't need an activation code. when you sign in, it should take you to your page.

gentleman00
Sep 30, 2010, 02:47 PM
yes, your username is your email address that you use to access netflix.

Yes, I got that part, correct. I think my password is correct too. I signed in and out of netflix via my computer, so no problem there.

gentleman00
Sep 30, 2010, 02:48 PM
I am wondering if I needed to enter the MAC address control for appletv which I did, but no success yet

gentleman00
Sep 30, 2010, 02:48 PM
you shouldn't need an activation code. when you sign in, it should take you to your page.

Thats what I would think. I will try again.....

Mr Kram
Sep 30, 2010, 02:49 PM
stupid question - are you connected to the internet? are you able to watch trailers and rent movies?

dagomike
Sep 30, 2010, 02:49 PM
If you put in the wrong info, it will say so. I had to remember the wife's login. You don't need a verification code.

gentleman00
Sep 30, 2010, 02:52 PM
If you put in the wrong info, it will say so. I had to remember the wife's login. You don't need a verification code.

Ok, I got it fixed!!!

Now, how do I display my photos on my HDTV from iphotos?? Do I need mobileme or flicker?? Or, does it stream right from my iphotos on my computer???

PurdueGuy
Sep 30, 2010, 02:56 PM
Ok, I got it fixed!!!

Now, how do I display my photos on my HDTV from iphotos?? Do I need mobileme or flicker?? Or, does it stream right from my iphotos on my computer???

Photo streaming from your phone is coming later this year.

gentleman00
Sep 30, 2010, 03:00 PM
Photo streaming from your phone is coming later this year.

Ok, I can now stream photos from my iphoto library! Amazing little device!

Bufordt
Sep 30, 2010, 03:00 PM
Ok, I got it fixed!!!

Itunes, advance at the top and then click on choose photos.

Mr Kram
Sep 30, 2010, 03:06 PM
Ok, I can now stream photos from my iphoto library! Amazing little device!

supposedly, you can stream without iphoto from any folder on your computer.

gentleman00
Sep 30, 2010, 04:48 PM
supposedly, you can stream without iphoto from any folder on your computer.

Thanks Mr. Kram for all your Help!

DeuxIt
Sep 30, 2010, 06:54 PM
i was having trouble logging into netflix too. entered email and password many times, USING THE REMOTE APP on my iPad. tried one last time using the included IR REMOTE and it worked!! there must be a character that is mismapped on the REMOTE APP's keyboard. at least that is my best guess for my problem and my (apparent) solution. good luck!

gentleman00
Sep 30, 2010, 08:59 PM
i was having trouble logging into netflix too. entered email and password many times, USING THE REMOTE APP on my iPad. tried one last time using the included IR REMOTE and it worked!! there must be a character that is mismapped on the REMOTE APP's keyboard. at least that is my best guess for my problem and my (apparent) solution. good luck!

Same here! I kept on reentering the password to no avail. Finally, it worked!