Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
They seem a bit biased in their tone even prior to the conclusion of the testing. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

th_headscratchsmiley.gif

th_sossmiley.gif

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
i still lol at the people that buy em. seriously $80 or whatever they charge for that reception eater. :eek:

I still got 4 and 5 bars with mine.

This is dejavou. I seem to have read this exchange several times before and it's getting old.

We all know by now the reception issue is an issue only under certain conditions. People are willing to take a chance and try it out.

Surprisingly some people are happy and glad they did.

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
This is dejavou. I seem to have read this exchange several times before and it's getting old.

We all know by know the reception issue is an issue only under certain conditions. People are willing to take a chance and try it out.

Surprisingly some people are happy and glad they did.

good for em.

im not buying this case even for half the price,.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
amazing that some can generate this type of hate on a iphone board about a case - what are you guys, like 12 years old?

don't buy it if you don't like it. I do, and just ordered my second element - they work well and look better than anything out there...

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
amazing that some can generate this type of hate on a iphone board about a case - what are you guys, like 12 years old?

don't buy it if you don't like it. I do, and just ordered my second element - they work well and look better than anything out there...

Like common said

"If I don't like it, I don't like it, that don't mean that I'm hating"

ufcfighter

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2010
To be honest the video never actually shows you that db's without the case and with the case. The max db's without the case and this is the absolute best reception you can get is -51db and the worst signal is -121db, at -122 you have no signal anymore. Now I am no rocket scientist but that means that there is a 70db range in which these phones operate. So by watching that test, there is no possible way you loose 99% signal by using the case, its impossible. If that were the case you would go from 5 bars and around -51 db's with no case to -119-121 with the case and I have used the case and that is not the happening. You may lose a bar or even two but not 99%. So how they got their numbers I am not sure. But by saying they are losing 99% of the signal with this case is wrong. I would love for them to explain to me what I am missing because my math is not that bad.

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
Please don't buy this case, it is crap :p

(so we Europeans with better signal can order the case in a timely manner :D)

perplex

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
i never had a problem with reception.

ran into a total passerby at walmart with a vaporcase too, i asked him did he have a problem with any reception. guess what, nope.

don't be sheep and believe any video you see on youtube.

trssho

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
isn't there a lining that has to be installed with the case to avoid shorting of the antennas? If I lay a nickel across the gap of my antennas, I have zero signal in 3 seconds.

So perhaps they did not install the case properly. On purpose or not.

Obviously not one person in the entire world would be happy if that case cut out 99% of reception. You could lay under a cell tower, and not be able to make a call.

So again, I think it may have been installed improperly, as in without some type of insulator???

And also, I do not own, or want to own a Vapor case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.