PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Gmail

dferigmu
Dec 26, 2004, 11:30 AM
I have an account and I really like it. I just have two problems though which Gmail help won't really help me with:

1. Is it possible to delete only part of a conversation, or do I have to keep every single message in the conversation?

2. Is it possible for Gmail to display HTML e-mails? I subscribe to the Apple and Washington Post e-mail newsletters. Both have a lot of pictures that don't show up on Gmail since it only lets you download pictures. Can I change this option?

mcarvin
Dec 26, 2004, 11:44 AM
I have an account and I really like it. I just have two problems though which Gmail help won't really help me with:

1. Is it possible to delete only part of a conversation, or do I have to keep every single message in the conversation?

In the conversation, click the message you want to delete, then look for an "Options" link towards the upper right of the message. A line of links will appear, one of which is "Trash this message".

2. Is it possible for Gmail to display HTML e-mails? I subscribe to the Apple and Washington Post e-mail newsletters. Both have a lot of pictures that don't show up on Gmail since it only lets you download pictures. Can I change this option?

Can't help there. I'm just starting to transition my personal mail over to the gmail account and haven't gotten any HTML emails

mms
Dec 28, 2004, 12:49 PM
You could always use the POP server to see the messages in Apple Mail, Eudora, Entourage, or whatever you use. Look under Gmail Help.

edesignuk
Dec 28, 2004, 01:03 PM
?

Westside guy
Dec 28, 2004, 01:10 PM
Just in case it isn't obvious :D What edesignuk is pointing out is that clicking on the "display external images" link also shows the full html-formatted e-mail. Give it a try.

edesignuk
Dec 28, 2004, 01:13 PM
Just in case it isn't obvious :D What edesignuk is pointing out is that clicking on the "display external images" link also shows the full html-formatted e-mail. Give it a try.
meh, I'm getting lazy :D :p