PDA

View Full Version : IPad 4.2 Beta / Bevel touch?

DavidReeves
Sep 30, 2010, 09:16 PM
Some of the hardware guys might be able to debunk this theory pretty quickly but... While reading a book earlier this evening on my iPad (3G 32GB, iOS Beta 2) I saw completely different behavior when i swiped from the right bevel to flip the page than when I did within the active / visible area. The page "flipped" when swiped from the bevel (as in the animation fired) but the page content didn't change. However, when I swiped inside the visible area, I didn't see the same bug. (The page flip animation fired and the content changed.)

I know this could be a bug on the software side of the puzzle but considering some resent patents and rumors... Are there any people on the hardware side that can confirm that the bevel area is/isn't capable of recognizing touches?

Macmar88
Sep 30, 2010, 09:51 PM
Not an expert on the iPad hardware but I tested what you said and I do get the animation, but it's not from purely swiping the bezel. If you touch the very edge of where the bezel meets the screen you will get the swipe animation. So o think that's what you could be experiencing. Hope that helps by the way 4.2 rocks!!!

tekchic
Sep 30, 2010, 10:01 PM
I'm using 4.2 beta2 as well and cannot duplicate this. Are you sure your finger isn't getting in the swipe-able range of the screen part itself? Are you using iBooks or another app to swipe? I'd love to be able to duplicate! That would be a cool feature when reading -- keeping my screen from getting all printed up, hehe. ;)