Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Is there a really thin iphone 4 case (similar to the Incase Snap, Incipio Feather, etc.) that covers all of the band (sides, top and bottom)? I already have the Incase Snap but that doesn't protect the top and bottom of the band at all. Is there anything like that or is something like the Pixelskin HD about as thin as you're going to get while still protecting everything but the front of the phone? I know that a case like this wouldn't offer drop protection but I'm really just looking to protect my phone from scratches and minor bumps. I'm also not interested in Wrapsol, Bodyguardz, etc.

Any suggestions?

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
We seriously need to have an iPhone 4 case matrix that will help users decide what case to get based on their specific needs.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
We seriously need to have an iPhone 4 case matrix that will help users decide what case to get based on their specific needs.

Yeah - that would be nice:D. It seems like every case out there has at least one or two flaws that keeps it from being perfect for me. I'm sure others feel the same way as well.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Bumping this for more suggestions. I really wish the Incase Snap had top and bottom coverage - that would be really sweet. I just don't like the idea of leaving the top and bottom of the band unprotected when I throw my phone in my gym bag. I also like that it doesn't really wrap around onto the screen (yes, I know it has the tiniest amount of lay on the table design) - it makes it really easy to wipe the screen on your shirt or whatever and it's also easy to tap and/or drag along the sides of your screen since there's nothing interfering. Something like the Incase Snap or Incipio Feather with top and bottom protection is what I'm looking for and I don't want a hole on the back of the case like the Barely There. No clear plastic either since they scratch like crazy and look like crap.

Does anything fit the bill? It's not easy to search for something like this so I'm hoping that someone here can come up with a case that I'm missing.

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2010
Neo Hybrid EX Series Case by SGP. Covers the whole band but super thin and stylish at the same time. Just ordered one.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Neo Hybrid EX Series Case by SGP. Covers the whole band but super thin and stylish at the same time. Just ordered one.

Looks like a bumper to me - not what I'm looking for. Already had an Apple bumper and got rid of it.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Try the Incase Slider.

Not nearly thin enough. I'm looking for really thin here guys. If you don't know what the Incase Snap and Incipio Feather are like, they are almost like having nothing on the phone at all. The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't protect the top and bottom. I want something super-thin that protects the top and bottom and I would even prefer that it not have any lay on the table design.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Not nearly thin enough. I'm looking for really thin here guys. If you don't know what the Incase Snap and Incipio Feather are like, they are almost like having nothing on the phone at all. The only thing I don't like about them is that they don't protect the top and bottom. I want something super-thin that protects the top and bottom and I would even prefer that it not have any lay on the table design.

The reason these cases are able to be so thin and "snap" on is because of the design which leaves the top and bottom open. What you're asking for is basically impossible.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
switcheasy nude might be the one for you. It covers the top and sides, plus comes with a plug that'll protect the entire bottom

true, but they are made of cheap a$$ plastic and break easily and scratch all to tell. The incase snap smoke is the best slim case I can find, even if it leaves the top and bottom open. I've gone to going naked again, or sometimes a bumper.

Shawnstra

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2008
Singapore
true, but they are made of cheap a$$ plastic and break easily and scratch all to tell. The incase snap smoke is the best slim case I can find, even if it leaves the top and bottom open. I've gone to going naked again, or sometimes a bumper.

+1 on the break easily bit. I bought it, and the case is bent where the plastic thins out near the volume buttons. Scratches like hell too. And also it doesn't provide much grip.

Personally, I love the Incipio Feather. Thin, nice matte finish. Though don't expect much front glass protection. The case doesn't come up to the front screen.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
switcheasy nude might be the one for you. It covers the top and sides, plus comes with a plug that'll protect the entire bottom

The Nude could have been the one if the reviews I watched and read weren't so bad, including the ones posted right above this post. Too bad the Nude isn't made from the same material as the Incase Snap or the Incipio Feather - both of those cases feel great in the hand and seem to be pretty sturdy despite their thinness.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I don't want a bumper. If there's nothing available that suits my needs I'll just stick with my Incipio NGP, Speck Pixelskin HD or Incase Snap.

scarboy6693

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I don't want a bumper. If there's nothing available that suits my needs I'll just stick with my Incipio NGP, Speck Pixelskin HD or Incase Snap.

Another suggestion I have is the Sonix Snap, its $25, covers 3 sides of the phone and comes with an anti-glare and crystal protector. Plus it has a lay on the table design too

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I highly recommend the SGP Neo Hybrid (not the Ex). Its like a bumper plus. It protects better than a bumper style case due to it's matte silicone back. It is also thin, real thin. I have played around with about 10 different cases and the SGP Neo hybrid is by far my favorite. You would be hard pressed to find a thinner case with as much protection as the Neo Hybrid.

Here's my mini review.

http://justanothergeeksite.com/2010/09/sgp-neo-hybrid-case-for-iphone-4/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.