PDA

View Full Version : Do you use OS X Mail app too, or only MobileMe on the web?

BacklitFirefly
Oct 1, 2010, 02:53 PM
I got MobileMe for Christmas last year and set it up to download all my email and store locally using the Mail app. I was a long-time Gmail user prior to this. I still forward my gmail messages to my MobileMe account. When I was using only gmail, I didn't use an email client on my computer at all. Now I find myself wondering why I'm doing that again with MobileMe, when it's all right there on the web just like Gmail is. Pointless, or what?

Do you use both? If so, what are the reasons?

Just curious.

Mr Kram
Oct 1, 2010, 02:56 PM
i use the mail client whenever possible because it's easier to navigate for me. i don't like working through the web browser and using the mobile client is only when necessary.

i forgot to mention that i only use gmail to fetch everything. i don't use mobileme because if i ever decide to cancel, i would lose that account.

mulo
Oct 1, 2010, 03:05 PM
the app of ourse

MacDawg
Oct 1, 2010, 03:09 PM
I never use MobileMe on the web

BillyBobBongo
Oct 1, 2010, 03:55 PM
I only use the web based app when I'm at work as for some reason I just can't get it to connect through the Mail App, I own the only Mac in the building and the IT guys won't come anywhere near it.

The rest of the time I use the Mail App.

BacklitFirefly
Oct 1, 2010, 09:18 PM
Hm, interesting replies. Thanks.

I guess I'm mildly disturbed that I relied solely on gmail (completely web-based) for so long, but now that I have MobileMe I feel the need to back it all up with my Mail app. I think it might not be necessary, but I'm afraid to break from Mail.

oh well. :)

japasneezemonk
Oct 2, 2010, 01:38 AM
I don't like the OSX Mail App, plus I just have MobileMe forward all my e-mails to my Gmail account.

canada eh
Oct 2, 2010, 12:03 PM
I use the mail app, but if I am on a computer other than my own, then I have to use the web.

Funkatronic
Oct 2, 2010, 12:08 PM
I use Mail.app almost exclusively, unless i'm in a Windows environment (Office), thats probably the only time I use me.com

Morod
Oct 2, 2010, 04:12 PM
I use the Mail app to see who the email is from. To actually read the email or to respond to it, I use MM on the web via Safari. I dunno why, that's just how I do it.

roadbloc
Oct 4, 2010, 03:14 AM
App.

arnop
Oct 17, 2010, 10:12 AM
Mail app on OSX, Mail App on the iPhone, and Mobile Me when I'm abroad and don't want to pay huge fees for downloading data on the phone !

SandboxGeneral
Oct 17, 2010, 10:18 AM
I use OS/X Mail all the time. I have my GMail set up in it via IMAP along with my MM account and a couple of other domain accounts. I also sync them with my iPhone. I rarely ever log into the web interface for MM. My main use for MM is for syncing and iDisk. The only time I log into the web interface is when I am at work and need a file from iDisk when I'm on my Windows 7 office PC and don't have my MBP with me.