PDA

View Full Version : iwork apps for iPad

miTunes75
Oct 1, 2010, 11:03 PM
I haven't purchased an iPad, but a buddy of mine had a question. He was wondering if any spreadsheet or document you create on these apps....are they able to be ran on microsoft office applications on a windows pc?

saving107
Oct 1, 2010, 11:09 PM
I haven't purchased an iPad, but a buddy of mine had a question. He was wondering if any spreadsheet or document you create on these apps....are they able to be ran on microsoft office applications on a windows pc?

I only have pages, but you have the option to Export the Document as a .pages .doc and .pdf formate. So yes, you can open and edit documents created on the iPad in a Microsoft Office program.

Take a look
http://www.macrumors.com/2010/09/22/apple-updates-keynote-pages-and-numbers-for-ipad/

ssdeg7
Oct 1, 2010, 11:26 PM
Yes, they can be exported to office formats, such as .xls and .doc

gforce216
Oct 2, 2010, 11:40 AM
The newest iWork update now allows iWork to support all office formats so yes you can use office files and also create office files on the iPad.

skullnbones
Oct 2, 2010, 06:33 PM
But they still haven't fixed the bug with pdfs. When you export/email as a pdf from Pages (and I think Numbers but I haven't checked that), they come up as only dots on Windows OS machines.

I have only checked it on XP so I don't know if it happens in Windows 7. This only happens with the iPad versions of iWork. only use Macs but I email pdfs to people who use PCs, so it is a big issue for me.