PDA

View Full Version : D-Link DBT-120 bluetooth adapter - does not work

QCassidy352
Dec 26, 2004, 11:55 PM
Hi guys,
Need some help here. I got the above mentioned bluetooth adapter to replace the crappy crappy MS one that I had. I selected it because it is the one that apple specifically recommends using.

When I plug in the adapter, the computer (PM 1.8 SP G5, 10.3.7) sees that BT is active, but it will not detect devices. All I'm trying to use are a MS mouse and an apple keyboard.

The power light and link light both come on on the BT adapter, but neither device can be detected. I have updated bluetooth to 1.5, and the firmware to 1.2, to no avail.

Now, worst of all, D-Link says they will not help me because Apple supplies the drivers, and I can't call apple because I'm not under warranty anymore and they'd charge me $50 to talk to me about a $40 adapter. Please, help me out here. Is the adapter just broken? Am I missing something? (I know it's not the devices because they still work with the MS adapter... it just has its own issues.) thanks...

edit: mods, you can delete this posting. The adapter has started working... I don't know how or why, but as long as it's connected directly to the PM (not the cinema display) it works now. It was connected directly before but didnt work so I'm still confused... but it works so this post is moot.

Logik
Dec 27, 2004, 12:47 AM
Hi guys,
Need some help here. I got the above mentioned bluetooth adapter to replace the crappy crappy MS one that I had. I selected it because it is the one that apple specifically recommends using.

When I plug in the adapter, the computer (PM 1.8 SP G5, 10.3.7) sees that BT is active, but it will not detect devices. All I'm trying to use are a MS mouse and an apple keyboard.

The power light and link light both come on on the BT adapter, but neither device can be detected. I have updated bluetooth to 1.5, and the firmware to 1.2, to no avail.

Now, worst of all, D-Link says they will not help me because Apple supplies the drivers, and I can't call apple because I'm not under warranty anymore and they'd charge me $50 to talk to me about a $40 adapter. Please, help me out here. Is the adapter just broken? Am I missing something? (I know it's not the devices because they still work with the MS adapter... it just has its own issues.) thanks...

edit: mods, you can delete this posting. The adapter has started working... I don't know how or why, but as long as it's connected directly to the PM (not the cinema display) it works now. It was connected directly before but didnt work so I'm still confused... but it works so this post is moot.

not sure if you've tried this.. but if you goto the bluetooth preference pane (not sure if this is only for built in bluetooth) in the system preferences.. somewhere in there you can have it "search" for devices... i had to do that to get it to detect my new logitech MX900... works like a champ now.