PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the Sony DSC-W1?

slipper
Dec 27, 2004, 05:34 AM
got it for christmas, but according to my co-worker its crap. something with the CCR (whatever that is, and that most sonys use the same CCR). i would appreciate any comments, so i can considering keeping it or exchanging it. also i would prefer another sony cause i have a memory stick.

ftaok
Dec 27, 2004, 08:52 AM
got it for christmas, but according to my co-worker its crap. something with the CCR (whatever that is, and that most sonys use the same CCR). i would appreciate any comments, so i can considering keeping it or exchanging it. also i would prefer another sony cause i have a memory stick.
I have an older Sony camera (DSC-P7) and it's OK compared to the cameras on the market now. Back when I got it new, it was excellent.

As for buying Sony to use your existing memory stick, I'd say don't worry about it. Memory cards are cheap these days, especially CF and SD cards. Unless you have a huge investment in Memory Sticks, I'd say buy the camera that suits you best. Besides, the W1 uses Memory Stick Pro cards (although old Memory Sticks will work fine).

Take a look at dcresource.com and see what the guy there thinks.

Personally, I'd look at the new Canons. The digital Elphs are really slick.