PDA

View Full Version : iPad notes don't synch to iMac mail notes?

abriwin
Oct 2, 2010, 11:43 AM
Can someone tell me why Notes as an app appears on my iPad and when I try to synch with my Mac nothing happens? Surely this is something that should be straight forward and I shouldn't even have to ask this question?

ps
I did do a search and got no answers.

franmatt80
Oct 2, 2010, 12:01 PM
Hi there, do you mean the native notes app? If so, I presume this is coming with the next software upgrade as the newest iPhone software has this functionality now.

seajay96
Oct 2, 2010, 01:21 PM
Can someone tell me why Notes as an app appears on my iPad and when I try to synch with my Mac nothing happens? Surely this is something that should be straight forward and I shouldn't even have to ask this question?

ps
I did do a search and got no answers.

You need to check in iTunes under iPad/Info, look down the list of options to "Other" and check the box marked "Sync notes"

mine syncs just fine, has on my iPhone since iOS 3.0 (i think)

abriwin
Oct 2, 2010, 02:28 PM
now why did a Google search not find something so simple.
thanks again, saved me a lot of work trying to transfer all the notes I made on holiday to my main computer via email or any other long winded method.

franmatt80
Oct 3, 2010, 09:39 AM
Oh...yep...sorry I was thinking OTA sync. What seajay said.

mintaka
Jul 22, 2011, 12:04 PM
I have been trying to do the same thing but I can't find the button marked ipad/info

franmatt80
Aug 3, 2011, 04:42 AM
It's on iTunes when you plug your iPad into your computer- that's where you'll see the check box (ie not on the iPad itself) .