Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spudracer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2009
Anyone ordered a DIY case from Casemate for any of the iPhones? The option just became available for the iPhone 4 in the last couple of days so I don't expect anyone has one in hand yet. But I figured someone may have ordered one for the 3X phones.

Apparently, the DIY option for the iPhone 4 uses the Casemate Tough Case two piece, silicone inside a polycarbonate outer shell design, but with a smooth back so they can print the image cleanly. Anyone have a regular Tough Case? It looks pretty bulky but also pretty protective. They quote a 1/2 inch thickness which is one of the thicker cases like an Otterbox.

Anyway, the case design is a secondary consideration in this instance. I'm more interested in how they do with transferring the custom artwork to the case. I ordered a DIY case last night for my son. He's an artist attending the Rhode Island School Of Design (RISD) and I thought a case displaying a piece of his own artwork would be a unique birthday gift. I took a piece of his digital art and saved it as a JPEG at 3507 X 1902 resolution. The tool on the Casemate website made it really easy to upload and position the image on the case. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has done this and whether you were happy with the result.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.