PDA

View Full Version : Getting recorded pictures/videos from your iPod to computer

Kowaku
Oct 2, 2010, 01:23 PM
I'm lost at this, I don't see any options in iTunes to get my recorded videos and pictures on to my computer. So far the only way I know how is to email the video, but that heavily compresses the video...

help?

supermassive
Oct 2, 2010, 01:29 PM
You can access 'em through iPhoto.

tablo13
Oct 2, 2010, 01:30 PM
Do it as you would import pictures from a digital camera.

DouchGod
Oct 2, 2010, 01:31 PM
Use your iPod as a hard disk

Connect your iPod to your computer and open iTunes.
When the iPod icon appears in the iTunes window (below Devices), select it.
If the Summary pane isn't showing, click the Summary tab.
Click the “Enable disk use” checkbox, and then click Apply.
Close iTunes and notice that your iPod appears on your Mac desktop or in the Windows Explorer on your PC.

So just go to my computer, and you will see iPod, just browse, you can see all your pictures in there, just drag and drop to any place in your computer typically My Photos,

To eject the iPod on a Mac, select the iPod on the desktop and drag it to the Trash.

To eject the iPod on a PC, select the iPod in the Windows Explorer, right click on the iPod and then choose Eject from the pop-up menu that appears. Or at the bottom-right of the screen, click the ‘Safely Remove Hardware’ icon.

Kowaku
Oct 2, 2010, 01:35 PM
Alright, thanks guys. I need to replace my iPod (light leak) but didn't want to lost all my pictures.

tablo13
Oct 2, 2010, 01:59 PM
Alright, thanks guys. I need to replace my iPod (light leak) but didn't want to lost all my pictures.

Pictures will be restored if you use the "restore from backup". It's the other stuff(app, music, videos) that will be gone.

yellowballoon
Oct 2, 2010, 05:58 PM
Just use Dropbox, it's free for 2GB and so easy to use. You can upload your files and have them for use anywhere you have computer, or mobile access. All files are updated in all places when you update a file. You can share too. No need to use your iPod as a hard drive.

xhArRiSoNxD
Oct 2, 2010, 08:02 PM
Pictures will be restored if you use the "restore from backup". It's the other stuff(app, music, videos) that will be gone.

Actually, music, videos, and application/application data will stay on the iPod after restore from backup when all the apps, music, and videos are on the computer you backup too.

If you sync with multiple computers, that's when you will run into problems.

tablo13
Oct 2, 2010, 08:46 PM
Actually, music, videos, and application/application data will stay on the iPod after restore from backup when all the apps, music, and videos are on the computer you backup too.

If you sync with multiple computers, that's when you will run into problems.

My app datas were saved once I installed the apps.

Bacong
Oct 2, 2010, 09:03 PM
Use your iPod as a hard disk

Connect your iPod to your computer and open iTunes.
When the iPod icon appears in the iTunes window (below Devices), select it.
If the Summary pane isn't showing, click the Summary tab.
Click the “Enable disk use” checkbox, and then click Apply.
Close iTunes and notice that your iPod appears on your Mac desktop or in the Windows Explorer on your PC.

So just go to my computer, and you will see iPod, just browse, you can see all your pictures in there, just drag and drop to any place in your computer typically My Photos,

To eject the iPod on a Mac, select the iPod on the desktop and drag it to the Trash.

To eject the iPod on a PC, select the iPod in the Windows Explorer, right click on the iPod and then choose Eject from the pop-up menu that appears. Or at the bottom-right of the screen, click the ‘Safely Remove Hardware’ icon.

Can't do that with a touch.

DouchGod
Oct 3, 2010, 01:45 AM
Can't do that with a touch.

Thats gay.

Bacong
Oct 3, 2010, 08:21 AM
Not the wording I'd use, but yes.