PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get the old version of Rock?

jmack549
Oct 2, 2010, 06:29 PM
I prefer Rock to Cydia, and I was curious if it's possible to get the old version. I had to rejailbreak, and now all I can get is the new useless one.

sidewinder
Oct 2, 2010, 06:31 PM
I prefer Rock to Cydia, and I was curious if it's possible to get the old version. I had to rejailbreak, and now all I can get is the new useless one.

Rock is all but dead. Get used to it.....

S-

Intell
Oct 2, 2010, 06:31 PM
Rock isn't going to be around for much longer. It was bought by Cydia and is being integrated into it. Thus, Rock is dead.

jmack549
Oct 2, 2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks, I'm well aware of this, but the old version should still work fine. Cydia's interface sucks as far as I'm concerned.

sidewinder
Oct 2, 2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks, I'm well aware of this, but the old version should still work fine. Cydia's interface sucks as far as I'm concerned.

Again, Rock is dead. Get used to it.

There will be no updates or bug fixes to Rock. You will not be able to use Rock to buy apps.

Move on.

S-

Intell
Oct 2, 2010, 06:45 PM
Cydia's interface sucks as far as I'm concerned.

Cydia's interface may not be very good. But at least Cydia uses APT properly and safely. As opposed to Rock which ignored most of the integrity checks.

braddick
Oct 2, 2010, 06:51 PM
Rock allowed me to navigate apps by popularity and ratings. Cydia for some reason, doesn't.

I miss that feature.

thelatinist
Oct 2, 2010, 07:23 PM
Cydia's interface may not be very good. But at least Cydia uses APT properly and safely. As opposed to Rock which ignored most of the integrity checks.

Amen.

jmack549
Oct 2, 2010, 07:33 PM

What's the worst that could happen, I mess up my iPhone, have to reinstall and restore from a backup? Big deal, at least I won't have to be frustrated with a slow installer daily.

ryan0402
Oct 2, 2010, 07:34 PM
on the report it said that all the servers were shut off for rock so even if you had the app it wouldnt be able to connect to the data

jmack549
Oct 2, 2010, 07:39 PM
on the report it said that all the servers were shut off for rock so even if you had the app it wouldnt be able to connect to the data

I thought all of the data went through repos anyways, so nothing is really needed from Rock's end?

Applejuiced
Oct 2, 2010, 08:32 PM
You dont get it do you?
Its not online any more, try it and see how far you get:rolleyes:

sidewinder
Oct 2, 2010, 08:50 PM
I thought all of the data went through repos anyways, so nothing is really needed from Rock's end?

Again, Rock is dead. Get used to it. Really, it's gone. Stop living in the past!!!!

Move on!!!

S-

hackthatphone
Oct 2, 2010, 08:50 PM
Dude it's time for you to move on with your life and start liking Cydia.

Fortunately that POS Rock program is dead and buried. I consider it the DIVX of jailbreaking.

tempusfugit
Oct 2, 2010, 08:51 PM
Too bad rock doesn't do apt correctly or it might have been worth two *****.

Bandolier
Oct 3, 2010, 04:21 AM
He wants Rock back so he can use the MyWi crack.

nednarm
Oct 3, 2010, 07:13 AM
He wants Rock back so he can use the MyWi crack.

lol I can't think of any other reason why he would want the old version so badly.

labman
Oct 3, 2010, 08:40 AM
Cydia is also being worked on one of Comex new pet projects along with a few others. supposed to be best of Cydia and best of Rock. :D TS might just have to buy MiWi

No ice please
Oct 3, 2010, 08:55 AM
I'm with the OP rock is better. I can actually browse a couple of apps with out running out of memory (rock frees it) and loads on edge pretty well. The only time rock has screwed up an application is when I tried to install an old application made for 1.x.x firmware onto a 3.1.3.

MikePA
Oct 3, 2010, 09:04 AM
Whether Rock was better or not is irrelevant as is this thread. Rock is no longer available.

Cortezbanks
Oct 3, 2010, 11:28 AM
I'm with the OP rock is better. I can actually browse a couple of apps with out running out of memory (rock frees it) and loads on edge pretty well. The only time rock has screwed up an application is when I tried to install an old application made for 1.x.x firmware onto a 3.1.3.

False. It's garbage

Armeniandave
Oct 3, 2010, 11:54 AM
While I agree the OP needs to understand
that rock is dead I think it's absolutely BS
that you accuse him of wanting it to use
cracked apps.

It seems if someone has a different opinion
many immediately turn to the cracked apps
excuse. However considering that many people
on this forum don't even have a drivers licence
I guess it should be understandable.

MikePA
Oct 3, 2010, 12:11 PM
Amazing. People arguing over software that's no longer available. Genius, pure genius. :rolleyes:

What's next, arguing over VHS or betamax? How about 8 track or cassette?

TJone
Oct 3, 2010, 12:43 PM
Amazing. People arguing over software that's no longer available. Genius, pure genius. :rolleyes:

What's next, arguing over VHS or betamax? How about 8 track or cassette?

Can you help me Jailbreak my Betamax. Maybe a hammer would help.