PDA

View Full Version : Converting HP iPod to use HFS+?

bousozoku
Dec 27, 2004, 02:06 PM
Has anyone a way to switch the disk format to HFS+ or at least, to allow the 40 GB HP iPod to show up in Mac OS X?

I actually bought the thing to help me transport files from my camera and it doesn't show up on the desktop or in Disk Utility.

Bear
Dec 27, 2004, 08:09 PM
Has anyone a way to switch the disk format to HFS+ or at least, to allow the 40 GB HP iPod to show up in Mac OS X?

I actually bought the thing to help me transport files from my camera and it doesn't show up on the desktop or in Disk Utility.Make sure you hav ethe latest iPod Updater on your system and use that to reset the iPod. Doing this on a Mac should reformat it to HFS+

bousozoku
Dec 27, 2004, 08:42 PM
Make sure you hav ethe latest iPod Updater on your system and use that to reset the iPod. Doing this on a Mac should reformat it to HFS+

Thanks for your help. I must have the latest updater because it updated the iPod yesterday. I'll try resetting it.

Excellent. It did not mention when it was done--kept saying "Do not disconnect." After an hour or so, I took a chance and ejected it. Also, found that I must disable the automatic updating to allow me to access the storage manually.

Hopefully, this information will help someone else. :)

LimeiBook86
Dec 27, 2004, 11:18 PM
Thanks for your help. I must have the latest updater because it updated the iPod yesterday. I'll try resetting it.

Excellent. It did not mention when it was done--kept saying "Do not disconnect." After an hour or so, I took a chance and ejected it. Also, found that I must disable the automatic updating to allow me to access the storage manually.

Hopefully, this information will help someone else. :)

You are correct. :) Have fun with your new iPod! :D