PDA

View Full Version : Missing Mac apps

naf
Oct 3, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hi,

This semester, I need to build a Mac application as an assignment for school.
I was searching in my head for a not yet invented app, but I did not find such one.
Did you ever experience the feeling that your Mac missed a particular application? If so, what was the function of this app?
I need some ideas. I don't want to build an app that already exists.
Thanks,

naf

hollerz
Oct 3, 2010, 09:57 AM
I'm still on the lookout for a proper school organizer app. One app that I can store my timetable, assignments and marks, tutors and their contacts, modules and associated files and folders, module running order (ie. week 1 - HPLC. week 2 - X-ray fluorescence etc.) and links to associated presentations or PDF's.

Don't know if something like that would be interesting for you :D

AnimaLeo
Oct 3, 2010, 09:58 AM
Instead of asking other people what they want. You should think about what you use your Mac for. Is there any program that you use that you think you could vastly improve on? Do you do photography etc and wish there was a simpler way to do X. That way you're actually working on something you will want to use, and enjoy building the program.

naf
Oct 3, 2010, 10:04 AM
-

naf
Oct 3, 2010, 10:19 AM
I'm still on the lookout for a proper school organizer app. One app that I can store my timetable, assignments and marks, tutors and their contacts, modules and associated files and folders, module running order (ie. week 1 - HPLC. week 2 - X-ray fluorescence etc.) and links to associated presentations or PDF's.

Don't know if something like that would be interesting for you :D

Please check your mail.

Gregg2
Oct 3, 2010, 04:08 PM
I was searching in my head for a not yet invented app, but I did not find such one.

What tool were you using for this search?

roadbloc
Oct 3, 2010, 04:36 PM
A decent alternative to iTunes.

maflynn
Oct 3, 2010, 04:52 PM
A decent alternative to iTunes.

I don't see that happening - ever. At least if you want iTunes store, iPod/iPhone/iPad integration, video watching (drm). As a stand alone music player, sure that could happen, but apple has made iTunes the app for their iToys integration.

SpookTheHamster
Oct 3, 2010, 05:05 PM
MS Paint! Seriously, there have been so many times when I've needed an app that is exactly the same as MS Paint. I know there are "alternatives" but all OS X needs is an exact replica of MS Paint

yojitani
Oct 3, 2010, 05:31 PM
What I wish for is for someone to take over the Journler (http://journler.com/index.php) project and get it running again. It was THE best notebook app out there.

SkyBell
Oct 3, 2010, 10:46 PM
MS Paint! Seriously, there have been so many times when I've needed an app that is exactly the same as MS Paint. I know there are "alternatives" but all OS X needs is an exact replica of MS Paint
Seconded, I've wanted this for years. There is just no comparison to MS Paint for some reason.

Sydde
Oct 4, 2010, 06:39 AM
Does anyone miss Watson? That or a nice scraper with some UI features like Copernic has

naf
Oct 4, 2010, 06:46 AM
What tool were you using for this search?

My brains ;)