Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barneygumble47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
N. Ireland
Could anyone tell me how to put my own picture into the slide to unlock bar? or point me in the right direction.

I have searched Google and the forums and all I can find is how to change the writing which is not what I want to do.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Barneygumble47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
N. Ireland
I appreciate your reply but I was looking for a written tutorial as I live in the country and get a very poor broadband connection (0.5mb) so using youtube is not really a viable option for me.

Thanks.

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
Well the easiest way to do it is using winterboard, and there's relatively few images to change. Do you want to do the entire lock screen from scratch or just a custom slider?

murdercitydevil

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2010
california
Just the custom slider Thanks.

In that case
1. SSH into your phone, navigate to your Themes.xxxxxx folder, located in /var/stash/
2. Make a folder called "whatever.theme" (change "whatever" to what you want to name your theme)
3. In that folder, make another folder called "Bundles"
4. In that folder, make another folder called "com.apple.TelephonyUI"
5. In that folder, place your slider image and name it "bottombarknobgray.png" << This is the slider /knob/, i.e. the actual lock icon or arrow that you drag across the screen
6. If you want to change the slider /bar/, i.e. the bottom bar behind the slider knob, make another image and name it "bottombarbkgndlock.png".

The dimensions for these images will vary depending on how you want to theme them. It may take some fiddling around to get the slider knob to match up on the slider bar. However, using the dimensions that the stock Apple images use would probably work. The stock images are located in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework

EDIT: This is assuming you have winterboard installed, BTW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.