Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

8thMoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
I recently got my brothers Ipod touch that he no longer uses because he jailbroke it and now it won't unlock. I can connect it to itunes I've restored it and put it into recovery mode and restored and its still not letting me unlock it. I don't think the touch screen is broken because when I double tap the home button the play icon shows up and I can hit it and there is a white light under the play icon when I tap the screen but it doesn't switch from play to pause. I think it would also be noteworthy to say that the sleep/power button is broken so to put it into recovery mode I used a program called "iLiberty+". Anyway the question I am trying to ask here is, is there anyway I can fix this ipod like using a program or something. Also the ipod is a 1st gen.

iLike2Touch

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2010
Here's what you do.

Hold the power and home button for ten seconds.

That will bring you to a Connect to iTunes screen.

Plug into iTunes and restore to the latest firmware (3.1.3).

If that doesn't fix your problem, its a hardware problem with the screen. Bring it into Apple Store to fix it, it may cost though, considering that it may be out of warranty.

iLike2Touch

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2010
The power button is broken I can't do that

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Ever wonder why your brother gave it to you in the first place?

If you want it to work, and can fork some cash, bring it into closest Apple Store so they can fix it for you. And if you are cute/gullible enough, they won't charge you. :p

8thMoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
I knew the ipod was ****ed when I got it from him I was just hoping he made a small **** up and it was fixable so I asked him if I can fix it I can keep it and he agreed.
Anyway thanks for the replies

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.