PDA

View Full Version : iPad Remote Works Great, iPhone 4 not so much.

alex1913
Oct 3, 2010, 10:32 PM
Here is my setup: I have an Apple Tv, connected to my MacBook Pro, being controlled by either an iPhone 4 or iPad. This is all going through an Apple Extreme Base station.

I have come to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with the Remote.app on my iPhone, because the Apple TV connects to my Mac and my iPad can connect to both (this is going through home sharing).

What can I do on my iPhone to make this work, the only option that works, most of the time, is quit the app and restart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bannedfromtv
Oct 3, 2010, 10:49 PM
not sure but I'm on 4.0.1 on my iPhone and the remote app sucks ass on it for controlling my ATV. Won't scroll netflix or anything. On my iPad 4.2 beta 2 it works pretty damn good.

doboy
Oct 3, 2010, 10:49 PM
Here is my setup: I have an Apple Tv, connected to my MacBook Pro, being controlled by either an iPhone 4 or iPad. This is all going through an Apple Extreme Base station.

I have come to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with the Remote.app on my iPhone, because the Apple TV connects to my Mac and my iPad can connect to both (this is going through home sharing).

What can I do on my iPhone to make this work, the only option that works, most of the time, is quit the app and restart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have issues when you let the phone sleep then wake up again or background it and return to it?