Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal
Hey guys, today I purchased an Ipod Dock sound system, one of those Extreme Mac ones. And my question is, is it ok if I just leave it there for hours listening to the music, letting it charge? The thing is, this thing charges my Ipod Touch fast, I went from 20% to 100% fully charged in one hour. Now, I know for devices leaving a battery always plugged in will drain its battery, but on Apple FAQ, this came up, http://support.apple.com/kb/ta26689#7, question #7. So would this apply to Touches as well? Because if it does affect my Touch, then I may just return the system and just use AUX cords from my normal 2.1 speakers.

#7 Question: Should I leave iPod connected to the charger or in the dock whenever I'm not using it?
Answer: The battery stops charging when it's full. Leaving it connected won't charge it any more. It's perfectly OK to leave it connected so it can charge overnight, for example.

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
It's fine if you leave it there. Modern batteries are a lot harder to screw up than they used to be (although cell phone batteries are often an exception to that). It won't charge faster than it should, as it monitors the battery for you. I say just use it how you will and enjoy.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It's fine to leave it plugged in all the time. As for charging quickly, the iPod knows what to do to it's battery and it won't hurt itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.