PDA

View Full Version : iPad and Skype

Mr. Incredible
Oct 3, 2010, 11:52 PM
I know that there is a Skype app for the iPad to make free calls, but what about Skype video chatting?

The iPad doesn't have a camera, but is it possible to connect a camera to the iPad and do video chatting through Skype?

I ask, because my Mom n Dad use Skype on my MacBook to chat to family in different cities/countries. I'm basically wanting to sell my MacBook (2007, plastic body, white), and get an iPad to give to my parents as a gift for Christmas.

They're not the most tech friendly, but my dad just uses the Macbook for Skype, some web browsing, looking at photos, and playing chess. All of these can be done with the iPad, and then some.

My Macbook isn't in the best shape. I dropped it a while ago, and the screen broke, I took it apart myself and installed a new screen, but now the disc drive doesn't work. How much do you think I can sell it for? Right now its valued at $999 at the Apple Store, so how much do you think I can get for my Macbook?

Also, if I get the iPad, will it be possible to connect an external camera to it, and to videochat through Skype?

seajay96
Oct 4, 2010, 12:27 AM
nope, no Skype video chatting on iPad.

touchmonkey
Oct 5, 2010, 01:24 PM
nope, no Skype video chatting on iPad.

Or the iPhone 4 or new touch.
Bummer.