Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
My flatmate is getting an iPhone 4 today and I said I would get him a case for his birthday. He likes my bumper, but wants one to show off the silver sides. So I found a few different ones that have the bumper look with clear plastic round the sides. Which is the best one? I am looking for one with good build quality to the level of the bumper, price is not much of an issue.

What would you suggest and where can I source one in the UK?

Dyspareunia

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Southern California
The only ones that come to mind at the moment that fall under your description of a bumper that reveals the sides, would probably be:

Griffin Technology - Reveal Frame Case for Apple® iPhone® 4 - Black OR Case-Mate iPhone 4 Hula Case OR Scosche bandEDGE

Those three are like clones of each other. Other cases that are more of a snap-on, but reveal the sides would include:

SwitchEasy Nude - Ultra Clear or Caze Zero 5 (0.5mm) UltraThin for iPhone 4 (however these clear cases get scratched up like crazy)

How to obtain them in the UK locally...I have no advice there. Most of these cases can be ordered on-line. Hope this gives you a starting point, as I'm sure there are a ton of other cases available that meet your stated criteria, but I don't know of them.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
The only ones that come to mind at the moment that fall under your description of a bumper that reveals the sides, would probably be:

Griffin Technology - Reveal Frame Case for Apple® iPhone® 4 - Black OR Case-Mate iPhone 4 Hula Case OR Scosche bandEDGE

Those three are like clones of each other. Other cases that are more of a snap-on, but reveal the sides would include:

SwitchEasy Nude - Ultra Clear or Caze Zero 5 (0.5mm) UltraThin for iPhone 4 (however these clear cases get scratched up like crazy)

How to obtain them in the UK locally...I have no advice there. Most of these cases can be ordered on-line. Hope this gives you a starting point, as I'm sure there are a ton of other cases available that meet your stated criteria, but I don't know of them.

Cheers, gonna pop in to town and see what is available. Are the Apple stores now stocking third party cases?

Chao

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2010
California

May I suggest to try CAZE ThinEdge Clear frame. It's their new item and basically it's their Zero 5 became a bumper, so it's very thin (0.5mm).
And they offer clear/see-through version. Maybe you will like it.

I got my CAZE Zero 5 from eBay CAZE USA Office/Reseller...They provide super service and really solid products. Though most items still ship from CAZE in HK.

Check them out: http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-All-New-CA...169040?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4aa608b790

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
This one is the closest clone to a bumper with clear sides and metal buttons. If you can wait for shipping from Hong Kong. :eek:
SW-Box

edit: never mind, didn't realize this thread had been bumped from over a month ago o_0

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
This one is the closest clone to a bumper with clear sides and metal buttons. If you can wait for shipping from Hong Kong. :eek:
SW-Box

edit: never mind, didn't realize this thread had been bumped from over a month ago o_0

Ordered two of those last Thursday ($12 with shipping, holy crap!). They sure look sweet. So far my order has been processed, but hasn't shipped.

My buddy ordered a metal backplate from SW Box, and it arrived in about two weeks. I'm crossing my fingers that my shipment won't take too long, though I'm perfectly happy with my vanilla bumper at the moment.

Last edited:

Chao

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2010
California
May I suggest to try CAZE ThinEdge Clear frame. It's their new item and basically it's their Zero 5 became a bumper, so it's very thin (0.5mm).
And they offer clear/see-through version. Maybe you will like it.

I got my CAZE Zero 5 from eBay CAZE USA Office/Reseller...They provide super service and really solid products. Though most items still ship from CAZE in HK.

Check them out: http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-All-New-CA...169040?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4aa608b790

In fact, I checked again, this eBay seller has them in stock in USA.
But it's matte color, not see-through.

""Fastening the frame case with an edge connector, easily personalize your iPhone 4. ""----It comes with another additional different color connector for you to change and give a different look.
How cool~
Anyways....thought I might help since I really like CAZE and this eBay seller.
Cheers~

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320606955743&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.