Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
I am surprised that the hardest thing about owning my iPad has been figuring out how to transport it! Originally, I purchased an STM case to carry it while I waited for my Dodocase to arrive. I LOVED the STM case as it was slim enough to fit in my work bag but had an accessory strap for when I headed out with only the iPad. Unfortunately, the dodcase+iPad combo does not fit.

Asthetically, the Dodocase is the *perfect* case for me. However, the iPad will not stay in it when it is vertical (a common problem, I am finding). Also, I have noticed that mine will not stay upright for that perfect typing position as well as expected. Still, I love the case so much that I have overlooked these drawbacks for several months. I am at the point today that I realize it is silly to use a case that does not fit the purpose that I purchased it (protect and elevate for typing).

I have read all the case threads extensively and I have figured I need to either go with a back protection (ie: Belkin Vue) and bag...or something that works the way I expected the Dodocase to work. I was looking at the convertible incase case--not the portfolio one. If I opt to follow the other route, are there products that are comparable to the Belkin Vue? I have seen it at my local Target for $30 but there are also options on Amazon.com that are considerably less.

Thanks.

SVT Amateur

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2006
Tyler, Texas
Check out http://www.padandquill.com if you like the Dodocase. Trust me, you won't have any problems with it falling out. It protects the iPad very well (I've already had it fall out of my car and neither the case nor the iPad were damaged) and I love how it disguises the iPad to look like a book.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I've tried a bunch of different cases. For me I had several must haves in a case. I wanted a case with a secure typing stance as that is what I use 95% of the time. I wanted either very thin bezel or no bezel. And I also preferred leather. The Yoobao slim fits all my wants along with being very reasonably priced. The quality is also much better than I've experienced in other cases. I hope it holds up well. I've only had my cases for a couple of weeks. Another thread speaks of a Yoobao V2 that has peeling leather and a split binder after 4 months. I truly hope my slim holds up well as it took me many purchases to get to this one.

Milanbac

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2010
Gecko

Hi,

I have been using the Gecko cover for my ipod touch 2g and i found that it has work brilliantly. Strong yet flexible and at a $30 price with a screen protector i would think that its the best that i've had! I have tried a belkin but they dont really seem to work that well as a shock absorber.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
My personal choice was the Jivo Executive Case and Stand. I chose it because it's hardwearing, the leather feels fantastic and it works really well as a stand. I also wanted something that didn't advertise the fact I was carrying an iPad too much and this looks like a folio so fits the bill perfectly.
However, as others have already said, you really need to decide what you want from a case before choosing one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.