PDA

View Full Version : iPod Newbie - My calendar's arn't showing up on my new iPod

walkingmac
Dec 28, 2004, 10:29 AM
Hey all, got a new iPod Photo for x-mas and am loving it. Got everything going fine, all my music, photos, addresses, calendars, everything I was expecting on there. Knowing that I was ignoring iPod updates from the Apple System Updater, I got that back and downloaded it. When it launched, it only offered 'restore' and not update. At that point I had not noticed that the (as it would seem) the iPod Photo Firmware was only at ver 1 and that is all that is available. So I went ahead thinking that I had done something wrong (mind you that I was under the assumption that ver 3.0.1 was for me and my iPod was not responding to it) I restored my iPod back to factory settings, at this point realized what all the icons ment and that my iPod, and reloaded all my material back on.

However, when I went to look at my calendars and to-do items, nothing there. I go to iSync and tell it to re-sync the calendars, it goes through the hoops, says complete, look at the iPod, nothing! any help?

Littleodie914
Dec 28, 2004, 11:35 AM
Hey all, got a new iPod Photo for x-mas and am loving it. Got everything going fine, all my music, photos, addresses, calendars, everything I was expecting on there. Knowing that I was ignoring iPod updates from the Apple System Updater, I got that back and downloaded it. When it launched, it only offered 'restore' and not update. At that point I had not noticed that the (as it would seem) the iPod Photo Firmware was only at ver 1 and that is all that is available. So I went ahead thinking that I had done something wrong (mind you that I was under the assumption that ver 3.0.1 was for me and my iPod was not responding to it) I restored my iPod back to factory settings, at this point realized what all the icons ment and that my iPod, and reloaded all my material back on.

However, when I went to look at my calendars and to-do items, nothing there. I go to iSync and tell it to re-sync the calendars, it goes through the hoops, says complete, look at the iPod, nothing! any help?Hmm, weird. I'm no expert when it comes to syncing iPods, but have you tried deleting the iSync thing that you have set up for your iPod? Click on the iPod icon in the iSync window, then go to Devices -> Remove Device. Once you've done that, try adding it again and see what happens. Got my fingers crossed! :D

mkrishnan
Dec 28, 2004, 11:52 AM
First, I think when the updater only says restore, what it means is that it has no update to perform on your particular iPod...you're at v 1.0 of the iPod Photo software, which is different than version whatever of the standard iPod software....

Second, I know it is too obvious, but did you click on the iPod icon in the iSync window and make sure that the calendar/etc syncing was not accidentally turned off during the restore process?

walkingmac
Dec 28, 2004, 01:49 PM
Hmm, weird. I'm no expert when it comes to syncing iPods, but have you tried deleting the iSync thing that you have set up for your iPod? Click on the iPod icon in the iSync window, then go to Devices -> Remove Device. Once you've done that, try adding it again and see what happens. Got my fingers crossed! :D

BRILLIANT! I should have thought of that. Worked like a charm.

walkingmac
Dec 28, 2004, 01:52 PM
First, I think when the updater only says restore, what it means is that it has no update to perform on your particular iPod...you're at v 1.0 of the iPod Photo software, which is different than version whatever of the standard iPod software....

Second, I know it is too obvious, but did you click on the iPod icon in the iSync window and make sure that the calendar/etc syncing was not accidentally turned off during the restore process?

I know.... I know.... Hind sight is so wonderful :rolleyes:
(yes, I did have iSync set properly)