Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlitherBlather

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
So I just got RTW and I'm finding that there are NEVER more than about 3 games going online... am I doing something wrong? Are there more people on that I'm just not seeing?

PatrickCocoa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
Me too

So I just got RTW and I'm finding that there are NEVER more than about 3 games going online... am I doing something wrong? Are there more people on that I'm just not seeing?

I've seen the same thing. I haven't tried RTW multiplayer on the Mac for a few months, I was hoping the situation had improved.

On the PC there were many more games. You may want to set up a Boot Camp partition, get Steam on the PC, download RTW for the PC (it should be free since you've paid for it on the Mac), and use the PC multiplayer.

Caution: unless you're the new Alexander, you'll get pounded in multiplayer. Keep at it.

IanAtFeral

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2009
Hi, I just thought I ought to clarify that the PC and Mac versions of Rome are separate products, so purchasing the Mac edition won't get you a free copy of the PC version.

However, by purchasing the Mac version you do get the official Feral Thumbs-Up™! So that's pretty good, isn't it?

– Ian :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.