PDA

View Full Version : how to store WEP password?

jxyama
Dec 28, 2004, 12:23 PM
just got an airport express, but this applies to all the base stations, i believe.

i finally got around to turning on the WEP encryption. the annoyance for me is every time i want to access this network, i have to provide the WEP password. (well, not EVERY time, every time i turn off the airport card, or use other wireless spot.) is there any way to store the WEP password in the location setting of the network preferences?

thanks for any help.

mkrishnan
Dec 28, 2004, 12:31 PM
just got an airport express, but this applies to all the base stations, i believe.

i finally got around to turning on the WEP encryption. the annoyance for me is every time i want to access this network, i have to provide the WEP password. (well, not EVERY time, every time i turn off the airport card, or use other wireless spot.) is there any way to store the WEP password in the location setting of the network preferences?

thanks for any help.

Mine store in keychain... Don't you get an option to remember this network for the nextime (with a checkbox) when you log in? My computer has two WEP and one WPA passwords, at least in keychain -- my parents' house, my AEBS, and the wireless network in my department building.

Mechcozmo
Dec 28, 2004, 12:32 PM
When you join, it should ask you if you want to add the network to your favorites list. And it should remember the password if you give it one and add it to that list.

Sometimes, my connection goes funky and I'll need to reselect the network but I've never had to enter in the password more than once...

jxyama
Dec 28, 2004, 12:50 PM
i think i managed it to work...

under network options for airport, there's a place to specify the network name and the password. i was under the impression that the password here was for the network access and not WEP, but i guess it's working...

thanks for the tips...