Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
I have 2 concerns after playing with my new Apple TV:

1) I have hundreds of music videos in my iTunes and have enjoyed streaming them on the new Apple TV. However, I do not see any place on the Apple TV to play my favorite playlists? I created some on iTunes and always access them on my iPhone, but cannot find this selection on the Apple TV. The only option I find on Apple TV is to shuffle everything in my music video library. Is there any way to access and shuffle through just my favorite music videos playlist that I've been using on iTunes and the iPhone?

2) The remote that comes with the Apple TV is functional, but any Macbook or iMac in the area (including the one that has iTunes open for wireless streaming) start being accessed by the control, opening the media player and what not. This is really annoying that the remote is controlling these computers to turn up and down volume, open the media player, start playing and pausing random videos on my computers' iTunes while I am accessing Apple TV with the remote. I have the remote app for my iPhone and do use that primarily, but I want other people in the household (who don't have iPhones or iPod touches) to be able to use my Apple TV when I am not around. Even if I am around, I don't want everyone to be going through my iPhone just to use the remote app. Is there any way to get this included remote that came with the Apple TV to work only for the Apple TV??

mode101

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007
Video playlists

There's a setting for turning on video playlists in the general settings menu. The default is for music playlists only, but you can turn video playlists on. :)

MUrhino

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
Music stops streaming after short period?

Has anyone had problems with their music streaming stopping a short time (10-15 min or so) after they start? I'm streaming from my MBP so the sleep function may be interrupting the data stream. Thoughts?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.