PDA

View Full Version : Edit Song Info in iTunes

fener_ipod
Dec 28, 2004, 04:15 PM
I can not edit song info using my iTunes. When I do File->Get Info and then go to the info Tab all the fields appear to be read-only. I can not edit. Can anybody tell me how to do it?
Thanks

jackieonasses
Dec 28, 2004, 04:34 PM
I can not edit song info using my iTunes. When I do File->Get Info and then go to the info Tab all the fields appear to be read-only. I can not edit. Can anybody tell me how to do it?
Thanks Is that just one song? It might have something wrong with it. If it is all of them - try repairing permissions?

kyle

fener_ipod
Dec 28, 2004, 04:44 PM
Is that just one song? It might have something wrong with it. If it is all of them - try repairing permissions?

kyle
It is with all the songs in my library that I have imported recently. I have not yet synchronized them with my iPod. I wanted to edit the songs info in my library before synch. However I can edit the the info if the songs is already in my iPod (I select iPod from Source and then do Get Info. Then it works). On the other hand if I select Library from Source then Get Info does not work.

PS: What is repairing permission? How does it work?

verozov
Jan 12, 2005, 08:50 PM
im geussing ur the administator on your computer... if your not then could it be a limitation set by the administrator?

amemoryoncelost
Jan 19, 2005, 10:39 PM
I was having the same issue. So here is what I did to solve it.
Open your top music folder. Probably Music that's in the side pain of finder. Click on the folder "music" and do the get info thing for the folder.
The bottom part should say ownership and permissions, make sure it says read and write. Click the next arrow next to details. Make sure all of them say read and write and that your admin name is next to them. I'm not sure if the lock should be locked or unlocked, I think onceoyu make changes, lock it back up and it should stay.

That's what I did. If you're still having problems, let me know. I don't really know much about macs yet since I'm pretty new.

good luck
dustin