PDA

View Full Version : QuickOffice or Numbers to read and edit Excel files?

nph
Oct 5, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hi

I have the QuickOffice app for iPad which is decent for Ecxel and other Microsoft programs. However it struggles with Excel especially big and complex sheets
Reason I didn't go for Numbers was it lack of exporting files in Excel format.
With that capability to export files in excel format now added to Numbers do you think it has surpassed other programs like QuickOffice when it comes to handling Excel files?

Thanks

LAS.mac
Oct 5, 2010, 08:00 PM
I have Numbers, and I must say that it does an awful job with just more than complex worksheets. It is as for the mac version: if your Excel filehas formulas and/or graphs, forget of Numbers compatibility.
I don't know with quickoffice for iPad, but for th iPhone version it's awful too.

pjcforpres2020
Oct 5, 2010, 09:02 PM
I love Docs2Go... have used it on several different platforms, along with QuickOffice, and Docs2Go always seems to be the most stable overall, easiest to use (I don't care about looks, I care about capacity and ease of use)... and for $17(maybe $16) for the whole suite, it is a great price.

As for excel, I have pushed Docs2Go pretty far in terms of read ability, and done some editing. Haven't done any complex creations (that is what a computer is for), but it seems more than capable of taking stuff on. If you want, PM me, and I will hit you up with my email address, you can send me a test file to load and see how stable it is.

KevinC867
Oct 6, 2010, 11:25 AM
I was also disappointed with Numbers' lack of Excel export capability. I found a nice 3rd party app - "Mariner Calc" which has been working well for me. I don't use charts or graphs, but all my formulas import fine, as well as frozen panes, which didn't seem to import into Numbers. Plus, Mariner Calc is only 6 bucks. :)