PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Rather Do: Sell It Yourself or Sell It to Someone?

andreab35
Oct 5, 2010, 08:39 PM
With services such as Gazelle, BuyMyTronics, and NextWorth, those services offer such low pricing for selling electronics such as iPhones, laptops, video games, etc. I mean really, $160 for a superb condition 3Gs? At least give it $200!
Takemymac.com is a similar service that offers people to specifically sell their Apple devices, but doesn't lowball on prices at all like Gazelle does.

I can see the concept of saving someone a lot of time and effort to sell something to a service and saving on costly eBay/Paypal fees through this kind of recycling/trade in program... but...

What would you do - go the convenient way to sell a device yourself or go the hard way and deal with the headaches of eBay/Craigslist?

lewis82
Oct 5, 2010, 08:53 PM
Try to sell it trough macrumors first. Easiest option. ;)

Firestar
Oct 5, 2010, 08:57 PM
I typically stay away from resellers, (i.e. Gazelle, NextWorth, etc.), and decide to sell it directly to the buyer through eBay. It's not that much of a headache, although the fees are annoying.

I just got a new phone (Samsung Solstice) a few months ago, and just for the heck of it, I went to Gazelle to see how much it was "worth." They said it was like $50....!

You could make so much more just selling it directly to the consumer.

But on eBay it matters about what your feedback score is, your percentage score is, and other. If you would just be starting an eBay account, then you should probably use Craigslist.

Is there anything your planning on selling specifically?