PDA

View Full Version : Love the 17" iMac!

edesignuk
Aug 26, 2002, 10:02 AM
I have just got back from PC World (they also sell a few Macs), and for the first time I was able to see the new 17 iMac in person, and have ago on it running Jag.and WOW!
What a fantastic machine, that 17 screen is a real beauty, crystal clear and great colour, and that 800Mhz G4 with Jag makes it really snappy to.
Im envious of any of you that have one, its a GREAT machine!

irmongoose
Aug 26, 2002, 10:17 AM
Well, I have the 15 inch.. is that enough to make you envious? I'm aslo getting Jaguar in a few weeks... :p :D :p :D

irmongoose

jelloshotsrule
Aug 26, 2002, 10:18 AM
i concur. i haven't used it much myself, but i've seen it several times in person, and it's great looking...

hopefully i'll be able to hit up the apple soho store tonight and give it a better go....

Mr. Anderson
Aug 26, 2002, 02:39 PM
what, you mean you didn't get a chance to see it the other night?

it is a very nice machine - I wonder if Apple is going to announce the winners on their website or just let notify them separately?

D

dynamicd
Aug 26, 2002, 10:52 PM
I just got my 17" last week finally and i'm loving it. This is my first mac so I just gotta figure out how to use the damn thing right. Kind of a pain in the ass not having that right-click. Guess I'll just have to buy a logitech.

Macmaniac
Aug 27, 2002, 11:59 AM
I wish I could have one, but I got to see it before ANY of you! I was at MWNY when they unvieled it;)
It was sweet!

SilvorX
Aug 27, 2002, 01:04 PM
the g4 imac line looks sweeter in real life than on the net/pictures, damn i want one alot buti would still rather get a powermac

Captnroger
Aug 27, 2002, 04:06 PM
dynamic - you can 'right click' - it's control-click :D

Seriously, I don't know why Apple hasn't come up with a new mouse...OS X has been mainstream now for such a long time, and 10.2 completely supports it. I opted for the most el'cheapo MS two-button scroll wheel optical. My 17" and X10.2 love it! Now I can right click, left click, scroll wheel and scroll wheel click! :D