Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

georgee2face

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
I set yp my ATV2 several days ago. Logged into my netfilx account..even watched something from my instatnt. queue. Today I went o the ATV 2 when I got home, and Netflix is missing from the menu. Rebooted the TV, turned the ATV2 off and on, Itunes is running..all other features are ok.. Just not netfli. Any help?
thanks
G

georgee2face

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
well, sorry about the spelling..it was from my ipad and it was late. I never did figure out what went wrong. So..I did a restore on the ATV2, which takes about 10-12 minutes, and everything was fine. I also had a new Ip assigned. If this happens again I may assign a manual IP.

Anyway, I took the easier softer fix..If any of you have the same problem, there it is.

Mike

georgee2face

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
MENU ITEMS MISSING ON ATV2 need more help

BUMP FOR SOME MORE HELP....

I seem to still have this problem. My ATV2 is hooked up to my receiver by HDMI. hooked up to a PC running Itunes. occasionally menu items like netflix and you tube disappear from the menu. I have had to do a restore to get them back.

Can anyone think of a reason? this would be happening? how to prevent it?

is there an easier softer way to recover other than a restore ( which takes at least 10 minutes?

thanks
G

Alternate

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2010
Netflix gone rogue

I was watching my favorite show on Netflix via ATV and experienced a power outage. It was extremely brief lasting no more than 2 seconds. When the power was back on I hit the power buttons to resume the episode with no luck. It wasn't listed in the menu as an option. No Netflix to be found. I am currently doing a restore to see if it pops back up.

This makes no sense unless their is a back door for malicious content to load from Netflix and alter an otherwise flawless program. If anyone has a better suggestion or theory share, and let us all be wise to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.