PDA

View Full Version : "Apps waiting" Fix

bigbro1096
Oct 7, 2010, 02:50 AM
There are plenty of threads about apps waiting to download or update and well it's actually easy to fix. This is how; first you need to hold the sleep/wake button and home button until the slide to power off screen spears at which you want to power off. You hold the same two buttons to turn your i-device back on at which point the app(s) should be fully loaded and you shouldn't have the problem anymore. (I had this problem on my iPhone 4 did what I just described and when my phone turned back on the app was loaded and I haven't had the problem since.) Hope this has helped.

Mr Kram
Oct 7, 2010, 02:56 AM
to turn it on and off, you only need to hold the sleep/wake button. if you want to reboot, you need to hold the sleep/wake button and the home button for about 10 seconds (keep holding even after the slider appears).

bigbro1096
Oct 7, 2010, 03:12 AM
to turn it on and off, you only need to hold the sleep/wake button. if you want to reboot, you need to hold the sleep/wake button and the home button for about 10 seconds (keep holding even after the slider appears).

Idk if just turning it off helps but holding the home and lock button resets the device. If you hold the home and lock button past the slide to power off screen then you are performing a hard reset which is unnecessary because you only need a soft reset. If you have any further questions, comments or just disagree with me just let me know by commenting

Mr Kram
Oct 7, 2010, 03:17 AM
the soft reset is accomplished by pressing only the sleep/wake button until the slider appears and then sliding the slider.

a hard reset is performed when you hold the sleep/wake button and the home button, ignoring the slider, until the apple appears.

in any case, the phone can be turned on with just the sleep/wake button.

bigbro1096
Oct 7, 2010, 03:22 AM
the soft reset is accomplished by pressing only the sleep/wake button until the slider appears and then sliding the slider.

a hard reset is performed when you hold the sleep/wake button and the home button, ignoring the slider, until the apple appears.

in any case, the phone can be turned on with just the sleep/wake button.

I disagree with you. I was taught by a man from the apple store that holding the lock button just turns it off, holding the lock and home button the sliding the slider is a soft reset and the holding both past the slider is a hard reset thought him and I may be wrong. Thanx for giving your opinion

Mr Kram
Oct 7, 2010, 03:23 AM
cheeers. that is all.

bigbro1096
Oct 7, 2010, 03:28 AM
cheeers. that is all.

Lol, cheers and have a nice day/night

Frosticus
Oct 7, 2010, 03:32 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but can someone explain what the difference is between doing a soft reset in this manner, and simply switching the device off and back on again in the usual way...? :confused:

bigbro1096
Oct 7, 2010, 09:43 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but can someone explain what the difference is between doing a soft reset in this manner, and simply switching the device off and back on again in the usual way...? :confused:

Powering it off does nothing but a soft reset is like a miniature settings restore. I guess both can work.

iamse7en
Jul 18, 2011, 02:26 PM
Pressing the sleep button brings the Slide to power off screen. Slide to power off, then press sleep button again to turn back on. It doesn't matter if you hold the home button as well, if you just let go to slide to power off. This is called a "soft" reset. You're using the software to power off the phone (the actual sliding). This is akin to shutting down your computer by selecting "shut down" in the menu. You can't use this method if the software is frozen or not working.

A hard reset is holding down the sleep and home buttons until it powers off and powers on. You are using the hardware itself to power off and on the phone. This is akin to holding the physical power button on your mac until it powers down your computer, then you hit it again to power back on. This is what a hard reset is, which you must do if your software is frozen and non-functional.

If the apple guy at the store told you anything different, he's wrong. You're wrong. I am right. Get it?