PDA

View Full Version : Any uk apple tv owners. Any news on netting alternative.

draper3000
Oct 7, 2010, 09:42 AM
Just got an update from apple. My order is due to arrive on or before the 11th of October.

Has anyone in the uk already got there's.

Anything unexpected?

Any news, confirmed rumours on an alternative to netflix, as netflix does not work in the uk. I've heard people say they'd like lovefilm or seesaw built in. Bu seesaw have said they can't don't anything until apple release an app store, or similar.

Also any news or confirmed rumours of BBC iplayer support.

Also does anyone know of channel 4's content on YouTube is viewable via apple tv.

This is my first post on the forum after over a year of watching from the Borders.

Cheers jon

draper3000
Oct 7, 2010, 10:02 AM
Sorry for typos.

One lunchtime pint of beer, and an iPhone keyboard is to blame.

Mowgli21
Oct 7, 2010, 10:43 AM
Hi

Yes i've got mine and i'm from the UK. The Apple TV is awesome, i never had a previous apple tv but am loving the new one. Streaming is so quick from my existing itunes library.

I don't know about any companies adopting apple TV but would like lovefilm to. I keep hearing rumours netflix will launch in the UK next year but who knows...

Was a little disappointed when i saw that using youtube on it, it doesn't allow bbc or 4od programs to be viewed on apple tv :( But when it does i will probably buy another apple tv.