Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lysaabi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Seriously...

I've got a Mac 9500, I still love it, but it's time to let it go. It still runs great, is there any kind of market for it whole, or parted out? where should I try to sell it?

TIA

bizzle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
There is a market but it's very small. Try 68kmla.org forums. 9500 isn't a 68k but the people there are into all sorts of old Macs.

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
If you were located near me, I'd go for it. Right now I'm looking for a PCI based Powermac with AV ports. My poor old 7600 just died. Other than me, I don't know.

raysfan81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2009
I'm sure there is a market for them somewhere but its definitely quite small now. But, you could always list it on craigslist and eBay and see if you get any offers.

lysaabi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Thanks for the suggestions.

Any thoughts on what it's worth?
It's 120MHz with two 1 gig hard drives and an internal floppy(still). I forget how much ram it has in it - I think 512.

And what would be the best way to clear my data off the drives? It's actually been a few years since I've run it, I've been on PC's mainly, to be honest and I've gotten rusty with mac utilities.

Thanks again

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Earlier this Summer one was selling around here on Craigslist for $50. I'm not sure if they got it or not, though. I think it's value on eBay would be limited because it's not collectible enough for most people to justify the shipping cost.

For your data, assuming you have an OS CD, boot from the CD, and use Drive Setup to do a low level format on your drives. If you want to be nice to the buyer, do a clean install of the OS. ;) If the data is super sensitive and you're really nervous, just remove the drives and destroy them.

Where are you located?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.