PDA

View Full Version : iPad Corporate Wifi - Device Certificates

hutchej
Oct 7, 2010, 01:16 PM
Hi there,

I work in a large enterprise and some of our executives have talked about bringing iPads into the environment and connecting them to our corporate WiFi. We use a device certificate to authenticate laptops currently in the environment and would need to do the same with the iPads.

I know I need to use the iPhone Configuration Utility to add profiles to accomplish this. Any one done this before or have any idea how to do this?

We're using Cisco APs and WLAN Controllers.

Thanks,

Hutch

Don Kosak
Oct 7, 2010, 09:00 PM
Hey Hutch,

A couple of years ago, I setup our iPhones at Lycos to work with device certificates and our Cisco Access Points.

It's been a while, and I don't remember all of the details. I'm assuming the iPad works the same way. I left Lycos to start my own business, so I don't have access to my notes or the Cisco gear anymore.

I do know it's possible. If you get stuck, let me know.

hutchej
Oct 8, 2010, 09:45 AM
We're using Entrust for our certificates and for the workstation they are delivered via the Entrust Entelligence software. I'm wondering how the certificate would be deployed to the iPad. I don't know if I have to import it though the Config Utility or another method.

@Don Kosak -Would you have a contact that could assist me in your old organization?

Don Kosak
Oct 8, 2010, 08:44 PM
I think we generated certificates and loaded them on an internal webserver then had people browse to them on their iPhones and add them to their iPhone keychain.

Sorry to be so vague, I was the CTO for Lycos back then, so I was more looking over shoulders of my MIS guys than doing it myself.

Let me see if any of the guys that worked on our Cisco AP's are still there.

hutchej
Mar 2, 2011, 08:52 AM
The solution I figured out is posted in the following thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1057903&highlight=