PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions..Used - ipad....what about the apps...syncing..

BullTaco
Oct 8, 2010, 11:07 AM
I am considering buying a used ipad with several apps installed from the previous owner.....

My question is....if I purchase said ipad...and go home and sync it with my itunes account....won't all of the previously purchased apps that the previous owned purchased be erased / deleted?....as with my account it will not have the purchases...

Second question is, I currently have an iphone....will those apps that are compatible with ipad transfer over to my ipad....or will it be a totally separate sync libraries/apps/photos etc....

Hope that makes sense....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

OllyW
Oct 8, 2010, 11:09 AM
You will lose the apps on the iPad but your iPhone apps will work on your iPad.

BullTaco
Oct 8, 2010, 01:56 PM
You will lose the apps on the iPad but your iPhone apps will work on your iPad.

Thanks for the response....what I thought with the ipad...thanks again for the assurance.

With the phone....a little deeper into the question now that you say they will work on the ipad....anything I buy on either device ( iphone / ipad) will work and sync with such device ( as long as it is compatible?)

Thanks again and look forward to the response.

EssentialParado
Oct 8, 2010, 02:08 PM
iPhone apps will work on the iPad, as will Universal apps, but iPad-only apps obviously cant run on the iPhone. Hope that helps.

BullTaco
Oct 8, 2010, 02:26 PM
iPhone apps will work on the iPad, as will Universal apps, but iPad-only apps obviously cant run on the iPhone. Hope that helps.

Yes it does....thank you for the response. I have been browsing ipad apps and for example came across the game...Angry Birds....I have that on my phone already and was curious if it would play on the ipad.....the price is sure different from the iphone app (.99) and the ipad app ( 4.99)

Why would one not buy the app on the phone and just transfer / sync it to the ipad? Maybe the iphone apps are not optimized for ipad as the ipad versions are???

MLB at bat would be another great example....big price difference between the iphone app and the ipad app....

Night Spring
Oct 8, 2010, 02:39 PM
Yes it does....thank you for the response. I have been browsing ipad apps and for example came across the game...Angry Birds....I have that on my phone already and was curious if it would play on the ipad.....the price is sure different from the iphone app (.99) and the ipad app ( 4.99)

Why would one not buy the app on the phone and just transfer / sync it to the ipad? Maybe the iphone apps are not optimized for ipad as the ipad versions are???

MLB at bat would be another great example....big price difference between the iphone app and the ipad app....

Angry Birds, the graphic is simply a bit better on the iPad app. MLB at bat for the iPad, otoh, is a completely different app from the iPhone version, and very much worth the price diff, if you are into baseball.

In general, iPhone apps look pretty bad on the iPad -- they are functional, but the graphic elements aren't pretty to look at. For most apps that have ipad and iPhone versions, I usually just buy the iPad version and forego the iPhone version. But then, the iPad is my main mobile device, and I only use my iPod touch when I need to be absolutely mobile, like while doing the laundry.

BullTaco
Oct 8, 2010, 02:52 PM
Angry Birds, the graphic is simply a bit better on the iPad app. MLB at bat for the iPad, otoh, is a completely different app from the iPhone version, and very much worth the price diff, if you are into baseball.

In general, iPhone apps look pretty bad on the iPad -- they are functional, but the graphic elements aren't pretty to look at. For most apps that have ipad and iPhone versions, I usually just buy the iPad version and forego the iPhone version. But then, the iPad is my main mobile device, and I only use my iPod touch when I need to be absolutely mobile, like while doing the laundry.

I see.....very helpful, thank you so much....

dirkdirk80
Oct 8, 2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I was actually slightly frustrated when I first got my iPad, just because the graphics for the apps i had already purchased for my iPhone looked so horrible on the iPad, and I was resisting purchasing the HD version of an app I already had....