PDA

View Full Version : iPad shows plug icon before reaching 100%

dormeas
Oct 9, 2010, 04:37 AM
I have had my iPad for just about three weeks now and have noticed this strange issue. When charging the iPad with the supplied iPad wall charger, the battery icon will change from the lightning bolt to the plug icon before it reaches 100%.

The first time I noticed this it was around 76% that is changed. I went looking for an answer and a search turned up some people saying the battery needed fully charged and then fully drained. I have since done this twice and it still changes to the plug icon around 92% every time. Leaving it plugged in, it does appear to charge normally all the way up to 100%

I am about to go to the Apple Store if no one has a solution or answer. I dread it though because if it is a defective battery they will probably replace it with a refurb model and that is depressing to me.

R94N
Oct 9, 2010, 05:07 AM
It does this on the Mac platform as well from time to time. I think it's to prevent overcharging of the battery. I don't think it's anything to worry about :)

dormeas
Oct 9, 2010, 11:21 PM
I tend to agree because the battery performance seems great. My sister has an iPad too and hers does not do this.

Also I called apple care and they did not say it was normal she just told me to reset my settings which did not fix it.

I guess I shouldn't worry about it so much, I am just kinda particular about things working correctly.

dormeas
Oct 15, 2010, 05:17 AM
Guess I'm the only one who's experienced this... Depressing. I'm gonna get to my nearest apple store and post back what I find in case.