Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Col Vandal

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
California
I bought my AppleTV in July and was happy with it except for the fact that I had to buy TV episodes instead of being able to rent them. When the new ATV was announced, and the rental part of iTunes 10, I was pretty excited. Until they both launched.

Now, I'm hoping an update comes along that will allows us to at least rent TV episodes like the ATV2 owners. I'm not too worried about Netflix integration because my Internet connection, at 1.5, is really too slow to stream.

Any clues as to when/if Apple is going to throw us original owners a bone with an update? Or, should I fork out another $100 for the new one?

First time poster, long time lurker. :cool:

roidy

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2008
Nottingham, UK
I bought my AppleTV in July and was happy with it except for the fact that I had to buy TV episodes instead of being able to rent them. When the new ATV was announced, and the rental part of iTunes 10, I was pretty excited. Until they both launched.

Now, I'm hoping an update comes along that will allows us to at least rent TV episodes like the ATV2 owners. I'm not too worried about Netflix integration because my Internet connection, at 1.5, is really too slow to stream.

Any clues as to when/if Apple is going to throw us original owners a bone with an update? Or, should I fork out another $100 for the new one?

First time poster, long time lurker. :cool:

Apple will never update the ATV1 with ATV2 features for the simple reason they want to sell you the new hardware, if they were to give you the rental option on the old ATV then you wouldn't buy the new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.