PDA

View Full Version : Dock + Skin = Trouble

mlw1235
Dec 30, 2004, 08:13 PM
Finally bought a dock for my 4G ipod today after having it since it came out in July. But I was disappointed to find that my iSkin doesn't fit into it also :(
Has anyone found a workaround for this other than slipping it in and out of the skin...which I don't mind doing seeing as how it barely spends anytime in the dock anyway ;) ;)

Capt Underpants
Dec 30, 2004, 08:29 PM
Finally bought a dock for my 4G ipod today after having it since it came out in July. But I was disappointed to find that my iSkin doesn't fit into it also :(
Has anyone found a workaround for this other than slipping it in and out of the skin...which I don't mind doing seeing as how it barely spends anytime in the dock anyway ;) ;)

You could just plug it in with a cable, and forget the dock.

question fear
Dec 30, 2004, 10:03 PM
you can hike the skin up through the touchpad hole, thats how i use my iskin and dock.

mlw1235
Dec 30, 2004, 10:26 PM
you can hike the skin up through the touchpad hole, thats how i use my iskin and dock.

does that ruin the skin??

lordmac
Dec 31, 2004, 12:14 AM
I dont have an iskin so I dont know if this would work but you could try taking back the dock and get a dock for the ipod photo because the dock for the ipod photo is bigger so that it can accomindate the thicker ipod photo. In theory the bigger dock would accomidate a normal ipod wih a iskin on it the same way.

Just a thought :p

rgx
Dec 31, 2004, 01:56 AM
You could just plug it in with a cable, and forget the dock.

That's what I had to do with mine.

Superdrive
Dec 31, 2004, 02:14 AM
Pull iPod through the hole for the click-wheel, bending the iSkin to the back of the iPod. It will click right into the dock and when you are finished, slide the skin back around, and you are as good as new. Ask if you need photos.

-T

russed
Dec 31, 2004, 08:12 AM
does that ruin the skin??

nah, not at all, they are really stretchy. i do it with mine (well did before i got a nice new paul smith case for christmas) for my itrip i had to pulll it back over the screen so that all the plug would go in all the way.