Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

htchbckdrv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Hey Guys...

So I have an AppleTV, and it was working fine until 2 weeks ago. Then bam, I can no longer download any content. It turns out that my ATV can't authorize on my account...so after sitting down today and poking around, it turns out my school is now blocking port 80 and 443....both which are required to for ATV to connect to my account.

Anyone have any thoughts on next steps? I have spoken to the network admin on network issues before, and to put it mildly, he is kind of a jerk...so I am not expecting that a phone call to him is going to help me out....

I'm fearing I am just SOL on this...I suppose its a good excuse to buy a new Mac Mini, but its still just a pain.

BoulderBum

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2008
If your school blocks port 80, you couldn't even access the internet. If your school block port 443, you couldn't access any sites that use SSL (anything with a https:// in front).

Something tells me the issue is a little more complicated that what you describe. Can you access the internet or sites that use SSL? I'm assuming so if you managed to sign in and post on this forum.

htchbckdrv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
There was a network issue (according to the help desk).

I can now access all on ATV....i honestly have no idea what the real issue was...they aren't exactly forth coming about network operations

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.