PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Word iPad

Frazer19
Oct 10, 2010, 03:36 PM
Hi people I use Microsoft word on the computers at college , I would like to start using my iPad to edit my assignments at home. I'm looking for an app that can type up Microsoft word documents preferably compatible with most versions 2006-2010 also I need to be able to send and receive these in an email by sending documents to myself to store them, also is their any word apps that let you plug your iPad into computer and copy word documents to a USB hard drive? So far I like the look of documents to go and pages. What would you guys recommend? Any help is really appreciated. Thank you

Dr Kevorkian94
Oct 10, 2010, 03:44 PM
Pages, iTunes, and ur USB hard drive of your choosing :D

Frazer19
Oct 10, 2010, 04:01 PM
Can I just plug my iPad into my computer and copy a word .doc through itunes into my iPad and it will convert into pages automatically and back when I'm done editing? Cheers

MacRumorUser
Oct 10, 2010, 04:14 PM
Can I just plug my iPad into my computer and copy a word .doc through itunes into my iPad and it will convert into pages automatically and back when I'm done editing? Cheers

Yes thats it... :)

Frazer19
Oct 10, 2010, 04:31 PM
Hi again I have just downloaded pages and can't find out how to copy my word .doc onto my iPad from my laptop my laptop doesn't have an Internet connection :( how do I import and export email .doc attachments to pages? I'm kinda loss :rolleyes:

vastoholic
Oct 10, 2010, 06:48 PM
There should be a separate section down below in your apps tab when your connected to your computer through iTunes. It will have all apps that you can transfer files into and out of. You can just drag and drop these files over the corresponding app and the sync. After it's done, open the app on the iPad and it should open the file. I don't know what the limitations are Microsoft compatibility. I don't know if it has to be a certain version of office to be compatible.

Don Kosak
Oct 10, 2010, 06:57 PM
ITunes isn't needed.

Just save your documents to iWork.com, or MobileMe.com. No need to carry around USB drives or mess with cables. Different word processor software has different cloud options.

Check out DocumentsToGo, and Pages. Both work well with Word files.

vastoholic
Oct 10, 2010, 07:21 PM
I just assumed he didn't have mobileme. Not everyone is a subscriber. But yes, DocsToGo and Dropbox should work just fine for that as well without using iTunes.

Mitchrapp
Oct 11, 2010, 01:22 AM
Dropbox works great for situations like this.

deimos256
Oct 11, 2010, 04:48 AM
I'm also looking for a word app, and saw something called Office2 HD, some of the reviews said it was better than pages. Has anyone here used it? I would hate to spend 10 bucks for one and 8 for the other just to find the best one. Im not looking to type the next great american novel with it just some simple reports for school.

PhelpsiPhan
Oct 11, 2010, 05:19 AM
Get pages mate, it friggen rocks! I got it for my iPad on the first day i had it, and love editing and even doing assignments on it!

abta1
Oct 11, 2010, 05:53 AM
Documents 2 Go to edit/create your documents and then use DropBox to take them wherever you want.

skullnbones
Oct 11, 2010, 06:28 AM
I think he said he didn't have internet access, so dropbox, mobile me, etc are out.

iTunes in the App section as described above will do it. When finished editing on the iPad, then choose the Export option and you will find it in the same section in iTunes.