Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
I Was looking around the netflix website on my MacBook and ran across the starz live tv option. Of course being on a MacBook without bootcamp installed I wasn't able to view it. Is anyone familiar with this? Is it actually the same live starz that would be on cable at that moment? The reason I am mentioning in it here in the apple tv section is I was curious to know if people thought that this option would be something that will eventually make it's way to apple tv or not in the future.

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2010
I believe Starz live is what they call the movies on netflix that are a part of the starz network.

No, it's something separate. I can go to the starz section and watch movies, but I can't with starz live.

Edit: just found it, it is for fact a live starz channel feed. To use on a Mac you have to use firefox browser. Now that I know for fact what it is, does anyone feel like this will come to apple tv??

jlmndz1991

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2011
i havent been able to stream the live starz channels on my mac from netflix.. i've tried firefox, safari, and google chrome. it just gives me the same "not compatible" message each time.

robotartfashion

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Apparently it's PC only, I never even knew this was available and I've had Netflix for years

Q:
What are the system requirements for the Starz TV channel?
A:

To watch the Starz TV channel, you need a PC with the following minimum requirements:

* Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or higher, or Windows Vista
* Internet Explorer version 6 or higher
* Windows Media Player version 11 (DRM version 5145) or later
* An active broadband connection to the Internet
* 1.0 GHz processor
* 512 MB RAM
* 3 GB free hard disk drive space

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.