PDA

View Full Version : Help With Synching 4g Touch With MBP

Trvlngnrs
Oct 10, 2010, 08:54 PM
I made the leap into Apple 3-4 months ago by purchasing a new MBP.

It wasn't recognizing my MP3 player, so I just bought a 32gb Touch. It does grat transferring music but I'm having difficulty getting photo's, notes, PDF's etc onto my Touch because I can't see any way to send them to iTunes. I'm coming from a Palm PDA and am familiar with the Palm Desktop that allow you to drop pictures, etc onto the PDA.

I was watching this You Tube tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjnd-bgK97Q and noticed that their iTunes has tabs at the top that allow you to choose photo's etc. My iTunes (10.0) doesn't have the tabs.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Trvlngnrs

miles01110
Oct 10, 2010, 08:56 PM
The iPod touch has to be connected and you have to be viewing the device in iTunes in order to see the tabs.

To sync photos, the photos need to be in iPhoto.

To sync Notes, I believe the notes have to be in Mail.

To sync PDFs, they have to be in iTunes.

You cannot drag and drop photos/notes/pdfs as a method of syncing with the iPod touch.

Trvlngnrs
Oct 10, 2010, 09:07 PM
OK...I was able to transfer some photo's to my Touch. I didn't realize the tabs only show up on one page of iTunes. I thought they would be on every page (Music, Podcast, Books...).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!:):):):):):D

Trvlngnrs

lynkynpark86
Oct 10, 2010, 09:20 PM
You might need to do this manually. This includes retyping your notes, or emailing them to yourself and Cut and pasting them.

Trvlngnrs
Oct 10, 2010, 09:26 PM
You might need to do this manually. This includes retyping your notes, or emailing them to yourself and Cut and pasting them.

Will the Touch read PDF's? How about Pages?

I could attach them to an email like you suggested.

Bernard SG
Oct 10, 2010, 09:29 PM
To sync PDFs, they have to be in iTunes.

How to put pdf's in iTunes?

supermassive
Oct 11, 2010, 04:11 AM
You can transfer pdfs via dropbox. Or you can store them from the web (like your own web-server on your mac) in stanza or iBooks.