Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bbrown14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
hey all i just bought a first generation ipod touch and im having some issues getting it charged.
when i plug it in i notice it makes a little sound saying its connected and then it appears to be charging but after i leave it for a while it stops charging and the icon on the battery logo on the main screen doesn't have a charge icon. i tried two different iPod sync cables so not sure what the issue is there. Also when i connected my iPod touch to my docking station in my portable speakers it doesn't immediately connect unless i move the device around a bit in the port. i am thinking something is loose but i'm not sure.

supermassive

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2010
Sounds as if the Dock Connector was broken internally. I managed to break the click wheel of my iPod nano 4G by using a too tough fitting USB-Cable.

Over the time that levered out the flat ribbon cable of the click wheel.

If you move the iPt around with the USB-Cable connected I can imagine that would damage the connector sooner or later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.