Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
Hello guy's..!

After spending months designing HD 4Cast, its finally here..!! and man does it look nice..!! but dont take my word for it...

You can now get it on the Apps Store !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FEATURES:

• Retina Display ready in Full HD!
• Current conditions and 5 day forecast for more than 2.7 Million locations world wide.
• Weather warnings and alerts for all US cities with scroll animation.
• Current temperatures with highs and lows.

DOUBLE TAP to reveal more weather info such as:

• "Feels like" temperatures
• Wind Speed and wind direction info
• Humidity info
• UV Index info
• Precipitation info
• Visibility info
• English or Metric measurements
• Click and alert sounds
• Up to 10 different cities.
• 100% Ad free

You can now get it on the Apps Store !

ano0oj

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
just bought it, any way you can get this to be displayed on the lock screen along with the time?

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Does it require the iPhone 4 or will it work on the 3GS?

I answered my own question - it works beautifully on the 3GS. Truly awesome. Until I get used to it, I'll probably check the weather every hour or so just to look.

katra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
It's a beautiful looking app. Do you have a screen shot of the forecast page?

The forecast page is the same way..! all big beautifull icons.. everytime you press the forecast icon, it switches to a different day..! i did this so users can see and be blown away by the graphics..! :D

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Very good looking but from my perspective I find the program a bit too inconvenient. I like to launch the app and get a nice snapshot overview of weather now and to come, for the day (broken down into timed segments) and week ahead. HD 4Cast gives an admittedly gorgeous screen of weather now and then swiping gives further screens of days ahead. I'd prefer to see more segmentation of time for day ahead as well as week ahead without having to continually click through. WeatherPro is my current app of choice and provides the info in a much better summary format. But granted it doesn't look as nice. However I'm not after just good looks; info has to be the prime factor. Hence I'll be keeping it rather than 4Cast.

That said, I'll repeat HD 4Cast does look very good. Well done.

tdog09

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
Hello OP, beautiful images, love it!

Can I ask what program you used to create the HD images? I'm not a graphics designer like you :( but trying to learn! Thanks!

katra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
Hello OP, beautiful images, love it!

Can I ask what program you used to create the HD images? I'm not a graphics designer like you :( but trying to learn! Thanks!

Thank you! I use Adobe Photoshop CS5.. It's simply the best.

katra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
Sup Guy's..!! Radar and ambience sounds for HD 4Cast are in the works for the next update..!!:D

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
Downloaded this yesterday afternoon after reading this thread.

This really is a beautifully done app. Can't wait for future updates.

One small gripe though....the weather alerts could sure use some work. Telling me there is an alert really isn't all that helpful when you don't give access to the details of the alert. I had to go open another weather app to figure out what the circumstances were.

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.