Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

higginspm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
I've just published a sample web site from iWeb to my MobileMe account. It published successfully and I announced the web.me.com link to myself. I then started a new Safari session and the link takes me straight to my homepage. All good !

I have registered domain name and a console that allows me to redirect to visitors my domain url. In that redirection dialogue I've entered exactly the web.me.com that took me straight to my site when entered in Safari.

When I type my domain url into Safari it takes me to the front door of me.com but demands my user name and password to get any further. Fine if I'm the only one who ever visits my website but how can other people get there ?

Not sure of whether this is a setting at my domain register console or on the me.com side that makes my home page public ?

My domain is registered at netregistry.com.au and I have subscribed upgraded to their domain manager tool to facilitate redirection.

Can someone assist me in getting folk to my homepage on me.com by typing in my registered domain (and upon arrival seeing only my domain url in their browser).

Thanks

jimboy4

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
I can not tell you how to do it but I got it done in a training session in a one to one class. It's been 3 years ago so don't remember exactly. If you have an apple store close by perhaps you could get help there if no one helps on this forum.Or if you have Applecare they might help you on the phone.

higginspm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
Thanks, that is an excellent suggestion ! Setting off for the Appple Store shortly.

higginspm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
Sorted !

Turns out to be a setting buried deep in my mobileme account management interface, along with a pile of other interesting stuff I didn't know existed.

Ended up at an Apple Store of sorts. Online Apple support chat proved to be a winner - Genius in my loungeroom - highly recommended

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.