PDA

View Full Version : iPad Is Top Selling Tech Gadget Ever

MacBytes
Oct 11, 2010, 02:40 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: iPad Is Top Selling Tech Gadget Ever (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20101011154028)
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

angrynstupid
Oct 11, 2010, 03:25 PM
Here's to all the numnuts that whined it was just a big iPod.

spillproof
Oct 11, 2010, 04:06 PM
A wrist watch can be considered a tech gadget.

It is a more endowed iPod touch.

imagineer2000
Oct 11, 2010, 04:12 PM
Ballmer & Co. must be freaking out about the iPad - easily the biggest threat to windoze dominance since Gates departed!

nagromme
Oct 11, 2010, 04:13 PM
And I can definitely see how itís starting to cannibalize PC sales: few people would try to own an iPad instead of a computer, but many would own one instead of a new computer. Instead of upgrading to a new PC (notebook or otherwise), a certain number of people are keeping their old computer around as a home-base for loading the iPad, and letting the iPad take over a big chunk of their everyday computing.

Anonymous Freak
Oct 11, 2010, 04:25 PM
Misleading headline FTW!

"iPad is fastest-adopted tech gadget ever" would be more accurate.

"Top selling tech gadget ever" implies that it has already outsold every other "tech gadget". It hasn't. It has merely sold at a greater rate in the first six months since introduction than any other tech gadget.

falconeight
Oct 11, 2010, 04:25 PM
I love my Ipad, so does my wife, so does my son, so does my niece, so does my dad.

squirrellydw
Oct 11, 2010, 04:45 PM
who is the idiot that posted NOT TRUE on the information week article this is linked to? He says its not true and "wikipedia" (there is a reliable source) says some smart phones have sold that many. I don't know any smart phone that sold 8.5 million in 6 months. I hate when people can't read.

Anonymous Freak
Oct 11, 2010, 05:11 PM
who is the idiot that posted NOT TRUE on the information week article this is linked to? He says its not true and "wikipedia" (there is a reliable source) says some smart phones have sold that many. I don't know any smart phone that sold 8.5 million in 6 months. I hate when people can't read.

The problem is that the article implies that it's not just for the last 6 months, but "ever". The quote is "iPad Is Top Selling Tech Gadget Ever". Not "iPad is Fastest Adoption Rate Tech Gadget in First Six Months After Release Ever". If they named the article correctly, there wouldn't be confusion.

LeviG
Oct 11, 2010, 07:38 PM
but from a hardware standpoint, that is all it is. :rolleyes:

Popeye206
Oct 12, 2010, 12:48 PM
The problem is that the article implies that it's not just for the last 6 months, but "ever". The quote is "iPad Is Top Selling Tech Gadget Ever". Not "iPad is Fastest Adoption Rate Tech Gadget in First Six Months After Release Ever". If they named the article correctly, there wouldn't be confusion.

LOL! This is too much! The wording on the article is right. "Top selling ever" actually means what you wrote! It's the "selling" part that is tripping you up. If the said "The iPad is the top SOLD product ever" then it would imply it's outsold all other tech gadgets. "Selling" means "sales within a similar time frame". Just thought I'd clarify.

cube
Oct 12, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hey, I was waiting for a color e-ink Kindle, but then I found out I can use EyeTV on the iPad.

I still want a big color e-ink Kindle, but with a lot of storage.

Bernard SG
Oct 13, 2010, 07:09 AM
but from a hardware standpoint, that is all it is. :rolleyes:

Yep, and from a hardware standpoint, a swimming pool is just a giant bath-tub.

rekhyt
Oct 13, 2010, 07:20 AM
Ballmer & Co. must be freaking out about the iPad - easily the biggest threat to windoze dominance since Gates departed!

No wonder Gates left. ;) He foresaw the oncoming threat of :apple:.

TorontoLRT
Oct 13, 2010, 09:54 AM
Microsoft is quaking, Apple is triumphant, and Google looms on the horizon! What a difference from ten years ago!