Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
When did you order?

Mine says it will ship on Oct 19th still. Ordered mine on the 1st.

Raist99

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Prepared For Shipment

My order from October 2nd has just changed status to "Prepared for Shipment". :eek:

mjillard

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Mine switched to prepared for shipment yesterday. How long until it ships?

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Same as OP. Quite a surprise.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
"Package received after FedEx cutoff" Delivery date just went from Saturday the 16th to Tuesday the 19th. Oops.

Though I find it interesting it was picked up AFTER it left the FedEX origin facility. Wait, what?

I have always ordered my iPhones through AT&T, bought iPods in the store, and I buy my HP PCs off the shelf. I have little experience with ordering through Apple's website and conversly receiving items from China. Can someone share some light on what's up? I find it hard to believe a package being a couple hours late could delay it three DAYS! Or could this be one of those cases where it was scanned onto the plane before it was actually scanned into the system?

Attachments

• aTVship001.png
    aTVship001.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 74

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I walked into my Apple Store 2nd available day and got one, preordering sucks

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
"Package received after FedEx cutoff" Delivery date just went from Saturday the 16th to Tuesday the 19th. Oops.

Happened to me, too. Was set to arrive the 15th right after I received the shipping email this morning. Checked it again at lunch and, sure enough, pushed back to the 19th...and I was really looking forward to messing with it this weekend.

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Mine got shipped today.

And to the person that said to pick one up at the store. I live in the Twin Cities and both Apple Stores are sold out by the time I get to them and the Best Buys do not have them in stock yet.

I tried several days to get one from the stores. I got tired of waiting so I ordered mine.

mjillard

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2010
Mine is in Hong Kong now. Kinda sad that my toys get to go to the places I might be able to afford to go if I didn't keep buying toys.

mjillard

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2010
I walked into my Apple Store 2nd available day and got one, preordering sucks

I have to drive 2 hrs to get to my apple store, so I would not go to the store unless I were guaranteed to walk out with the atv. Ordering online does suck, but preordering doesn't. I wish I would have preordered. I would be playing with it right now.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
My dad lives in Warren, MI.
Ordered his new AppleTV 10/4/10, latest status is delivery expected 10/21/10.......I'll go over there and help him do set-up once in.

mjillard

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2010
available plentifully on Amazon, and ships quicker than Apple, and no tax for most.

Nope, just checked for someone and it is "Not in stock" on Amazon. This means that you would order from amazon, who would wait until they got it from apple, then amazon would ship to you. With shipping times coming down through apple you may as well just order directly. Mine's in Cleveland now. From Hong Kong to Cleveland in a few days isn't too bad.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
I think Apple and FedEx have been hit with "Scotty" syndrome. Apple told me it would take longer than it really would. And now, FedEx has done the same thing.

After telling me I would get it Saturday (as in tomorrow), FedEx told me, "Oops, we messed up and can't get it to you until next week."

It's out for delivery as we speak...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.