Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greeneo101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2004
Hey, I've got an iBook G4 800Mhz 12" - often when I wake it up the screen will flick off quickly and come back with these weird 'glitchies' on it.

screenGlitchies.jpg

I can get them to go away simply by changing the desktop picture, but obviously it'd be nice if they didn't happen at all.

I had the extended desktop hack installed a while ago, but can't remember if it was doing this before then. Also I recently did a reformat and thought that would remove the screen spanning but it's still available in preferences. Is that because it's a firmware thing and reformats don't touch that?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
My girlfriends iBook (same model) does the same thing. They go away after a while or when display is changed but like you its very disconcerting. Havn't taken it to Apple yet becasue of school and like I said before it is usable.

Anyone know what this is or experianceing the same thing?

greeneo101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2004
Did she ever use the extended desktop hack? Trying to see if that's at all related to it.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Wow this is interesting... Especially because the glitches show up in a screen grab! :eek: I've never had it happen (same iBook), so I'm not sure I can help, but I am curious too. It almost seems like the vram in your video card is flaking out on power resume.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.