Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcjh22

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Do you think there will be a new MBA, just a small upgrade, or EOL?
I've actually been thinking that maybe they are molding the MacBook and the air into the new MacBook.. Smallest screen of all macbooks to 11".. If that is even possible to price it lower than the mbp 13"

Also do you think there will be a keynote if they do?
How far in advance do they usually send invitations for a keynote so we can actually know something is coming?

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England
Do you think there will be a new MBA, just a small upgrade, or EOL?
I've actually been thinking that maybe they are molding the MacBook and the air into the new MacBook.. Smallest screen of all macbooks to 11".. If that is even possible to price it lower than the mbp 13"

Also do you think there will be a keynote if they do?
How far in advance do they usually send invitations for a keynote so we can actually know something is coming?

FFS, there are already loads of threads discussing exactly this. Why did you start another?

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I'm guessing if there is an update any time soon it will just be a small silent update. And it will either be within the week or two or else it won't be until next year.

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2006
There isn't any evidence that an update is imminent. Same situation as since June 2009, people hoping it'll happen "this" Tuesday with no success. There's a chance they'll merge the MBA and MBP lines when they get rid of the internal optical drives in their entire laptop line, but it's unlikely that this is going to happen in the next couple of months. Some people are hoping it'll happen in Jan 2011, but my feeling Apple is not ready to understand that internal optical drives are a thing of the past and it might take another year or two. You have a choice to either join the wishful crowd, or save you the hassle and settle for something else like Windows 7 or Ubuntu.

stanislas

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2010
There isn't any evidence that an update is imminent. Same situation as since June 2009, people hoping it'll happen "this" Tuesday with no success. There's a chance they'll merge the MBA and MBP lines when they get rid of the internal optical drives in their entire laptop line, but it's unlikely that this is going to happen in the next couple of months. Some people are hoping it'll happen in Jan 2011, but my feeling Apple is not ready to understand that internal optical drives are a thing of the past and it might take another year or two. You have a choice to either join the wishful crowd, or save you the hassle and settle for something else like Windows 7 or Ubuntu.

Right... So there's just no middle road. You're either a hopeless fanatic waiting for the sky to turn green OR you can buy a windows machine.

What? No, of course you can't buy another mac. It's either windows or nothing!!!

CaoCao

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Optical drive still have plenty of life, blu-ray can hold 50GB of data, and another company has successfully built a disc that hold 1TB. ODD death is overhyped. I would still love the ODD to leave the MacBooks and Apple to throw in an external ODD

thinkdesign

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

"...there isn't any evidence..."

"...you're just a hopeless fanatic"

What I've gleaned from the publlished rumors and discussion here, suggests otherwise: No spec bump built on keeping the 2.13 a little longer, the 11.6" item mey appear soon even if it isn't an Air as we know it.... and assuming the Air continues they'll delay an update until next spring or so when there's a chip for it.

Don't bump the table like that. You moved the tea leaves!

goncode

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
So I know that the product (new macbook air) is real, I also know it's thinner. I was also hoping to see something today, but I'm not sure now when it'd happen. Has it ever been a release in november before? I thought all the macbook upgrades happen in Oct?

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2006
Right... So there's just no middle road. You're either a hopeless fanatic waiting for the sky to turn green OR you can buy a windows machine.

What? No, of course you can't buy another mac. It's either windows or nothing!!!

If you or anybody else claiming trustworthy rumors can point us to evidence for an impending update, please do so! If you're suggesting people buy a 13" MBP, you're in the wrong part of the forum. People here are not interested in MBP's, and they have a prerogative to not be.

There is a middle road, which is to be upset with both Apple for stalling their laptop development, as well as other laptop makers for holding their products hostage to windows. It's not fun to be upset of course, but the current situation (yearlong inability to purchase a product for which there is demand) is pathetic given that we live in a market economy.

ditosou

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
MBA update...

If there is a MBA update today, when we will see it (hour...)? The first sign will be the apple store closed for a while?

fyrefly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2004
If there is a MBA update today, when we will see it (hour...)? The first sign will be the apple store closed for a while?

There will be no update today

Yeah, Tuesday updates have traditionally happened in the early AM. The store would go down at like 6AM EST (or earlier) and then come up within 1-2 hours with new product.

Didn't happen this week.

Some are surmising that it could happen next week after the Earnings Call on Monday afternoon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.